Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Been buying lots of 5-10 dollar games this go around.

Just got:

Mass Effect 2 (it's supposed to be pretty great)
Wings of Prey
Alpha Protocol
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Troy wrote:Mass Effect 2 (it's supposed to be pretty great)

Did you play the first one? If not that one was awesome and a bunch of choices you make carry over to 2. Mass Effect one was a great game. It is only $10 on steam.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1293163177
Troy

Post by Troy »

WSGrundy wrote:
Troy wrote:Mass Effect 2 (it's supposed to be pretty great)
Did you play the first one? If not that one was awesome and a bunch of choices you make carry over to 2. Mass Effect one was a great game. It is only $10 on steam.
Done. And now I have enough games to last me halfway through 2011.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Steam currently has Railworks DLC Complete Pack on sale for $199.99.

That is 78% off the normal $1073.35 price.

Since it says DLC Complete Pack I don't know if that comes with the main game you need to play the DLC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

WSGrundy, are you a foamer?

Just curious as I have two here at my office who were excited by that news.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

No I made my comments because I thought it was crazy that anyone would buy enough DLC to break the $1000 mark. You can pick and choose but after the 20 DLC pack I would think your sales would drop.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Crazy? Yes.

For train geeks? No way.

But to avoid derailing this thread (pun intended), I'll take this discussion elsewhere...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

One of the current deals on Steam (as of 2/11/11) is:
Pre-Purchase Homefront, which looks good, for $49.99 and receive a free copy of Metro 2033, which is amazing.

Go read what Troy and I thought of Metro 2033 and if it sounds good to you, I think this is a damn good deal.

I'm disappointed that I don't get to take advantage of this offer. Of course, if anyone just wants Metro 2033 and doesn't want Homefront, call me. I'll give you Metro 2033 for $25 saving you $15, and I'll keep Homefront for $25.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Square Enix games on sale all this week. Different one each day.

Today is Just Cause 1 & 2.

They don't have the greatest PC library though so I am not expect too much.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 is $1.99 today until Thursday. I cannot recommend it enough.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Mafia II is $7.50.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mafia II is $7.50.

Still priced too high.

My review.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher wrote:
Mafia II is $7.50.
Still priced too high.

My review.
Did you like the first one?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The first one is MUCH different than this one.

If I remember correctly, the first one was more like GTA with its open play. Go do missions whenever, collect things, take over areas, etc.

This is more like a movie. It pretends to have open play, but there's nothing to do except follow the storyline.

It's ok, and perhaps I'm judging it a bit harshly at $7, but I wouldn't have felt ripped off at $5...so the extra $2 is up to you.

It's not a bad game, but it's very linear.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure if it's just today,(UPDATE: Yes, it's just today. Yesterday was Bioshock) but 2K Games is the featured developer this week, and Borderlands (which is fucking awesome) plus all 4 DLC packs in $7.50. That purchase also gets you an entry into a 2K Games contest where they're giving away their entire catalog. It also gets you membership into the Duke Nukem First Club...

Edited By Leisher on 1302715023
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Metro 2033 is only $9.99 until 1:00 P.M. EST today (Monday, April 25th).

For you FPS fans, this is a must play.

Review.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Metro 2033 is only $9.99 until 1:00 P.M. EST today (Monday, April 25th).

For you FPS fans, this is a must play.

Review.
Ok I bought it.

Gonna miss having the box, though.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Shogun 2 is awesome.

Best Total War since Rome awesome.

Edited By Troy on 1303759083
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ever notice how in Steam chat windows the font is really goddam small and there doesn't seem to be any goddam way to make the font bigger?

Yep, there isn't a built-in way to do it because this is like 1996 or something, but here's a way to edit a config file to get a font that is readable on a high resolution screen:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-game....ze.html

I set my font sizes for 20, and I think that will work.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."