NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

unkbill wrote:Thursday pick this week
Worst part is I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday and was like "Oh fark - gotta pick now"

Then I kept waiting for the score of the game.
It's not me, it's someone else.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

TheCatt wrote:
unkbill wrote:Thursday pick this week
Worst part is I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday and was like "Oh fark - gotta pick now"

Then I kept waiting for the score of the game.
Well I'm twelve hours ahead and it is fudging me all up. I've been afraid to look at my ticket home. Bet Inchon to Chicago is going to be a long ass flight.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Worst part is I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday and was like "Oh fark - gotta pick now"
FUCK.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Did the Steelers give Mike Wallace some meth later on in the game or did they just dress Hines Ward up in his jersey?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mike Wallace is way underrated. He's lightning fast and really stepped up when Ward got hurt.

The problem with the Steelers right now is that 3 of their starting 5 O line are out hurt and the two best defensive linemen are out hurt. They're getting killed on both sides of the ball in the trenches.

They might still make the playoffs, but they're really going to have to focus on this area in the draft and via free agency.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm officially calling the Vikings dead for this season. Their new team name is "Better than the Lions."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:I'm officially calling the Vikings dead for this season. Their new team name is "Better than the Lions."
Only cuz Stafford keeps going out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So in my fantasy league... Michael Turner sucked, but I was only down 25 points going into tonight's game.

She has no players playing.

I have 1... Michael Vick.

10 minutes into the game, I'm now down 4.

I'm dying as a Skins fan... but mildly optimistic about winning the fantasy game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

QB Michael Vick @Was Q2 1:12, 42-14 18.36 41.16

Well, at least I won... assuming he doesn't throw like 8 interceptions.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had a 20 point lead plus LeSean McCoy going against Vick last night.

Fucking seriously. Just what the fuck? He somehow had 50 points by half-time.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Another Thursday game this week all.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:I'm officially calling the Vikings dead for this season. Their new team name is "Better than the Lions."
After today yes Vikings dead. As far as better than the lions that could still be up for debate.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

unkbill wrote:
After today yes Vikings dead. As far as better than the lions that could still be up for debate.
The Lions just got clocked by the Cowboys & Jon Kitna, if that's any indication what level they're at. The only plus about the MIN v. GB game was my starting Greg Jennings at WR in my league this week.

And given how shitty the Vikes have been, I don't feel a bit bad about it, either.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sweet. Years overdue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Green Bay sure knocks out coaches well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anyone see what happened in the Steelers game?

-AFC West division leader Oakland came to town and got beat 35-3.
-The Steelers were penalized 14 times for 163 yards.
-Oakland had 182 yards total offense.
-The officiating was so bad there's an article up on ESPN accusing the NFL's officials of being out to get Pittsburgh (I wouldn't bet against it. When players rip the refs, the refs sometimes have a habit of paying them back. I know that from actual refs I know...granted, they're b-ball refs, but still...)
-Not since 1933 has a team given up that many yards in penalties and won by so much.
-The Steelers had not one, not two, but THREE TDs called back on penalties.

In other words, Oakland got steamrolled.

And what's with the trend of good teams getting beat up one week only to turn around and house someone the next week?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Some teams can barely put up a facade of being a cohesive unit. Oakland is there, so is Minnesota currently. Other perennial losers (the Lions, the Cowboys this year) follow the same trend. A decent performance is the exception, not the rule. Putting those sort of folk up against teams that do have it together sometimes results in a rout.

Edited By Malcolm on 1290460000
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Three picks tomorrow.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Screwed, I got back late from deer season only got half my picks in.