Lord Of Ultima

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bonus points for the person who answers the "How do I attack someone" question with "I must consider my sins."

Edited By Troy on 1271436257
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When the wipe occurs, whomever jumps in first should announce here the server and region (IF EA breaks the land mass into regions).

Our alliance won't be worth much unless we're near one another.

I wish this game had city teleporters like Evony. Everyone started out with 3 basic models that would teleport you to a region. You could also buy (or win) one that was advanced. That device could move your city to any specific location.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was never asked what continent I wanted, just the server. I don't think we'll have the option to be placed together.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I believe the best chance at us all being located near each other is to all start at the same time. Like 8pm Friday night, or whatever. We pick a date and time. And all start at that moment.

And I agree, starting out, our best strategy would be to start near each other. If it doesn't work out, eventually, we can settle other areas and try to live on multiple continents. As in, I could build a city on cont 41 with Gordon and Leisher. But, it's still spreading our resources way out.

That's what I've come up with so far, with not much research on the subject. So, there might be a better way (too bad for whoever joins late?), but I don't know what it is yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If the game places you randomly, starting at the same time won't help.

We'll just have to race to being able to transfer stuff by sea.

Also, after the wipe I recommend we devote the first 4 days to 95% resource generation. Then, before our 1-week safety timer runs out, we'll be in good shape to build big armies, fast with 5k/hour wood and stone generation.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Catt and I started close to each other, and we are both on 54. You and Leisher started around the same time, and you ended up on 41. That's most of my evidence for 'if we start at the same time, we'll at least be on the same continent'.

I'd be willing to start a city and build nothing but resources, then, with everyone else pitching in, move to a different cont and start over so I'm closer. Point being, it wouldn't be THAT hard to move everyone close, it would just mean a later start towards world domination.

I agree. Resources while protected and then building a ton of solders at the last minute for defence. Have to keep in mind also that most people probably can't build a castle and an army in the first week. Those that can may or may not target us. So, we'd probably be safe for a little while with weak defences. On the other hand, knowing what I know now, having a castle by the end of the week could be possible. I woke up to 30k wood and 20k stone this morning. Dumping all that into level 7, expanding my resource farms and I should wake up to even more tomorrow. Level 8 on Saturday, etc. And my city isn't even layed out optimally. We'll see. Not sure what kind of resources you need at 9-10. Having not gotten into army building much, not really sure, but it looks like iron and gold are needed. However, with my 521/h iron and 159/h gold, I have about 20k of each plus my 100 berzerkers. So, it seems I'd be able to build a pretty good defence with that.

Over all, dunno how much potential there will be early on for attack.

Speaking of attack, are we going to be good guys or bad guys? Are we going to recruit, or force into submission, or ally with others? Cause with all of us on, we'd easily pick off single players. But, we'd get a bad rep and others would come after us. Would others join us? etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In Travian, the villages were allotted further and further from the center as time went on. That doesnt seem to be the case here. It would be nice to be at least "kinda close" to each other. But we can create a cluster by packing up and moving after spawn villages are created. Yeah, it'll hurt growth some, but it's not death.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Another thought, we might want to delay our entry into the game for a few days. All the hard core, good players will be joining after release. Do we want to be clumped up with them? If we wait a week, we'd be pretty separed from them, I think.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Sent 90 berzerkers to a level 2 dungeon. Lost 1 and got about 3 times more loot from a level one. Sent the 90 again to check results. After that, I'm going to send 45. But with sending 90, I can do way better sending 6 squads (15 men each) to level 1 dungeons than 1 squad to a level two.

1 15 man team to level 1 = 200 gold x 6 = 1200 gold
1 90 man team to level 2 = 600 gold.

Sent 1 10 man team to a level 1 and they all survived and got 200 gold. However, I can only send 6 teams out at once, so having the teams that small doesn't help anything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I went after the level 2 dragon:
1 ranger, 108 beserkers, 51 mages
lost 4 beserkers, 2 mages

Killed the dragon, got
1 bronze toolkit, 1554 gold, 667 wood, 194 stone/bronze, 259 wheat

Agreed with the "wait a couple of days" thought also.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Second trip to level 2 dungeon with 99 berzerkers and got 530 gold. Not efficient at all. . . Lost one Berzerker. When they get back, I'll send two teams of 45.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Anyone know if you can destroy your castle after you build it like you can other buildings? I'm guessing not as it would be a way to survive a take over. But just curious.

You can build a castle at level 8. I say we hurry up and do that and attack a couple places before week's end to get a feel for combat/invasion.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm game. I have the highest city score of anyone on my region screen, so...

I'll probably really screw it up because I don't know how to pvp.

edit - And I can't find a single city that doesn't go out of newbie mode before the 21st.

edit 2 - Found one, far away with 3 times my city score.

Edited By GORDON on 1271456768
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

heheh figures. Didn't even think to look at that. Ahh well.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What's a good target for resource collecting? I'm playing with the builder and I'm getting 13k+ in wood, iron and stone, 10k in food. Doesn't leave much for an army though. I can have 9k troops, but don't have any buildings left for siege units, hideouts, etc. And thinking about it, 13k+ per hour is a TON of resources. So, would 6k per hour be enough?

For the long haul, will gold and iron be what's needed? That's what's going to maintain your army. Unless you go with a large navy which requires a lot of wood.

I'm leaning towards about 7k/h for resources, and that should leave enough room for an army, hideouts, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In Travian, you would generally have 1 main hammer (offensive) city, and the rest would be feeders that max out production and send resources to that one main village for building the largest possible single army.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cottages (which speed build time) appear to be cumulative. So if you have a 45% bonus and 26% bonus, you get a 71% bonus to construction speed.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Yes, they are cumulative. Other support buildings (saw mill, etc) work differntly. A wood hut can gain the bonus of ONE saw mill, but can gain bonuses from multiple cottages.

Only problem with that strategy in this game is getting resources to other cities. If someone sieges your amry city, you can't get resources inside to build more. Unless all cities draw from the same pool, then, never mind. Also, if you don't have an army in your resource city, you get plundered constantly, unless you overload on hideout.

And 5 hideouts around 2 sets of trees provide 100k+ of hidden resources. Way too much in my opinion.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It's getting to the point where upgrading won't pay off before the server wipe! Some of my upgrades won't break even for two days. Getting VERY expensive to upgrade. A level 6 quarry costs 6k wood and 3k stone. It only boosts production by 60/hr. So, I might be done building my farms and just working on getting an army going. I found a place somewhat close by that I can attack some time on the 19th. Don't know if you'll be ready Catt, but if you want to coordinate an attack (cause TKV don't 1v1 LOL!!1! OMG FAG), I'll give you the coords. They have about 300 points right now, so they shouldn't be too tough. Unless they really get going over the next 2 days. So, tomorrow is level 8 and beefing up the army. Then building a castle on the 19th and issuing the attack order.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Still recommending this tool:

http://www.lordofultima.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=40077

Here's my city so far. Share what you come up with.

Edited By GORDON on 1272125457