Fortune mag proves they know jackshit

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Steve Jobs -- CEO of the decade.

Yeah, the dude whose computer company makes most of its profit from mp3 players & smartphones. The dude whose company had to be bailed out to the tune of 150 MILLION dollars by their chief competitor. The dude ran his company into the fucking ground producing Macs in various colours so morons could match their machines to their drapes. CEO of the decade my ass.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let's also not forget that the only reason they have the iPod is because RealNetworks turned the inventor down first, so he took his idea of a portable MP3 player and it's scrolling functionality (and online store, etc.) to Apple.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:Steve Jobs -- CEO of the decade.

Yeah, the dude whose computer company makes most of its profit from mp3 players & smartphones. The dude whose company had to be bailed out to the tune of 150 MILLION dollars by their chief competitor. The dude ran his company into the fucking ground producing Macs in various colours so morons could match their machines to their drapes. CEO of the decade my ass.
The bailout happened at the same time Jobs was brought back after a 12 year absence, so that wasn't really his fault.

Steve came back in 1997

Yeah, I'd say he's done a good job.
It's not me, it's someone else.