Assassination of a high School President

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A movie about high school, but with far, far more adult themes than your average high school student would ever deal with in real life.

They proclaim this to be a comedy, and there are some chuckles, but make no mistake, this is a drama from top to bottom.

The story deals with a new kid in school who wants to report for the school paper. He's given the assignment of doing a story on the most popular kid in school. However, before he gets the story done, there's a break in at the school and the SAT tests are stolen. This event leads the reporter into the middle of a huge story, he just doesn't know it.

I had no clue what to expect from this, and actually thought there would be more comedy. I was pleasantly surprised that the storyline was so adult and interwoven so well.

On top of that the acting and direction are very solid. Oh, and there's nudity and plenty of little hotties. My personal favorite was the blonde girl who hangs out with the school misfits.

Misha Barton (I think she's famous) is in this, as is Bruce Willis as the war veteran principal.

I really enjoyed this film. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting what I saw, although I think mainly it's because there was a good story here that was well acted.

8 out of 10.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”