I got robbed! (Kinda)

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So I logged in today to refresh my house. I didn't notice at first, but I realized that a chest was missing from the first row against the back wall in my house. However, upon further inspection, I realized the top chest wasn't missing, one of the chests that had been underneath it was missing. (I don't remember what was in the chest.)

I searched around some more and found that a stack of 600 or so arrows was missing from the same row of chests.

Also missing was all the animal and orc masks from the second to the top chest in the far right stack.

Finally, a bag full of regs disappeared from the second chest from the bottom in the stack that's second from the right.

They left: three chests stuffed with magic items, treasure maps, exceptional armor sets, etc.

Could it be decay? Is house looting possible here? Should I summon a GM? Should I pack up my stuff and move my house?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

House looting is very possible.

You pretty much need to assume that unless your chest is secure, shit it going to get stolen from it.

I've seen a few of those Razor vids posted of guys waiting for someone to come home and stealthing into their house and cleaning the place out.

They may mean you need to save up for a slightly bigger house and put it on a further away spot.

Four chests seem to do me pretty well, even with me running lots of T-maps.

Edited By Troy on 1245100653
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It wouldn't be decay. Stuff does not decay in a house. They will blame a lack of security on your part. There are many stealthing thieves that are very good at following people into their houses and through their security (locked down tables, etc). So, unless you are very careful about unlocking/locking things back down, a thief could have followed you in and hid in a corner.

And then there could be bugs/hacks. I don't hear much on these, so, dunno.

I personally do not store anything outside of a secure chest because I don't trust that there are NO BUGS/HACKS at all. I'm not going to be the victim of a bug only to be called an idiot who doesn't know how to secure his house. Because that's the general response.

"I got looted and there's no way they could have gotten through my tables and trash barrels."
"LOL. Newb doesn't know how to secure his house and got stealthed. I do that shit all the time!"

That's pretty much the conversation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well then, I guess I'm saving up for a new house. UO will rapidly become no fun again if I have no place to store anything.

I just realized that they took all my ingots and all my bandages.

Yeah, that pretty much sucks the life right out of the game.

Edited By Leisher on 1245178137
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just caught two assholes inside my house.

Both were wearing death robes, and neither seemed to be looking for a fight. One was inside my house when I arrived.

The one inside my house was Urugal. He ran out when I showed up. He then took off with a "Nice house" comment.

I went inside to see if anything was wrong. Once inside I hid to watch what Urugal did. That's when Somnium showed up. He opened the door and stepped inside. I appeared and he jetted out.

I waited a few minutes and followed. Both were inside a castle just south of my house.

I wonder if these are the assclowns that robbed me...

Edited By Leisher on 1245442752
Troy

Post by Troy »

I keep my doors open on purpose so people will wander inside and I can kill them...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"I ban thee."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."