Yew Gate Mall

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Seems to be collapsing, sort of. One of our major competitors (right next door) has mostly cleared out. They sold most of the same stuff we did, but we under cut them slightly. All but two vendors are gone, and the house sign says it's for sale. Another house, just behind that, says "Going out of business, for sale". So, there's houses available, but they are going to want alot for them right now. But, I don't think they'll get what they want and will eventually sell for less. For instance, the house on the west side of the gate is for sale for 400k. No one is buying it, and it sits empty. GOOD!! In the mean time, less competition means easier sales for us.

Taz, what do you price your force weapons at, and which kinds do you sell? I've tried to sell them a few different times, and they just didn't move. I'd sell some as low as 250gp. But, the other night, while stocking vendors, there were players talking about the cheap force weapons on your vendor. So, what's your secret?

Lastly, I saw your advertisement for your weapons on the message board. We've always kept our vendors seperate from our PvP characters. In other words, we never wanted people to know who owned the shops. Many people would stop shopping once they figured out who they were buying from. For instance, (I think we told you a while back) we owned that shop just outside the T2A/Delucia cave. KDC use to buy our stuff all the time. When we'd kill them, we'd repair it and sell it again. I'm guessing if they knew we owned that shop, they'd shop elsewhere. I've seen people I hate (even ACE) shopping at our vendors. Again, I think they'd stop if they knew it was us. Although we don't have the reputation on this server that we've had on others. I'm HOPING people get more active and we eventually do. So, it's fine if we claim ownership of the shop with your vendor, but make sure you don't claim any kind of relationship with the other one.

Maydchen doesn't even mess with people. And she LOVES to grief. In fact, she even talks to the people and gives them free stuff here and there. And she hates them. All in the name of good business. :-) So again, make sure the main shop stays clean of TKV!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Oops.... noted.

I wish I could actually just change the TaZ name to ValTaz at this point, because it's really HIS vendor.
Troy

Post by Troy »

As force force weapons.... I usually actually don't take them/trash them.

I didn't even notice they were selling. I just put them all at 500 regardless of what they are and leave them there. That doesn't apply to a kat or halbred or some other useful item.

I think I haven't noticed because I put so many on that I took up all the room. So I stopped picking them up, I guess the force backpack is actually less full than it was when I checked it last.

I've been apparently undervaluing silver weapons though. I can't keep those in stock, even when I think I have a good price down, I come back and they are all gone, sometimes the same day.

The Pride of my collection so far is a Silver spear of vanquishing, which I just like looking at, and haven't even looked at trade/selling options.

Edited By Troy on 1244132392
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I sell silver weapons at 1000gp. unless they are a kat/hally/bard/spear etc. One of the popular weapons. Even then, the most I've sold a silver for is 3k which was a power broadsword. Clubs, pitchforks, daggers, etc I sell for 250 to 500 when silver, mainly just to always have weapons in stock in each catagory. But, people still buy them. . .

I'm doing ok with stuff. Sometimes, things will sit for a few days, or even a week+. Then BAM, almost everything sells. I think it comes down to advertising. May/Chloe needs to start doing some. Stuff sits till the right person comes along and then buys it all up. I sell things for what I think I'd pay for them. Sometimes, stuff sells REALLY fast, and I think "damn, prolly could have gotten more". I had wands (GH and Lightning) at 10gp per charge for about 2 weeks. Then, while I was gone over the weekend, some one bought ALL of them.

I see people selling vanq weapons at CRAZY prices. Like twice what mine are priced at. I hit that T-B vendor shop last night that's supposed to be "cheaper than Yew prices". Not. His stuff was so over priced I couldn't believe it. A Vanq crossbow for 14k? As if.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

First house to respond is asking 120k. Which I think is crazy low.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not sure if I should try for a house or just stick a single vendor at one of your stores there.

I'm certainly not ready to be a one stop shop yet, but I've got 3 chests of magic items sitting around waiting to be sold.

Still, I wonder if I should try to buy one of those houses while they're available?

By the way, most of the vendors at the Yew gate never get restocked, or so it seems. I bought out all the ingots I could find there a month back and nobody has restocked them.

Edited By Leisher on 1244183916
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Because mining sucks!

But yes, keeping a shop stocked is time consuming and can be tedious. Some people get burned out and bored with it.

I'm tempted to buy the houses just to keep competition away.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You want some competition. The more vendors at Yew there are means the more people will come to shop there.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a store there and "compete" against you guys. I'd be funny if the houses closest to the gate itself were all TKV vendors.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And that's my point. If nothing else, we rent spots to competition.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I put a bid of 120k on one of the houses. Haven't heard back from him though.

Other shops in the area are shutting down, or not getting stocked. We are getting slammed. It's awesome!!

Also, I've found with some of my stuff I'm trying to sell. I had it priced pretty low, and it sat there for a week. Other stuff was selling, so I know people saw it. Took it off my vendor and sold it in town to NPCs for more than I had it priced. So, if you are pricing stuff for 250gp or less, don't bother with a vendor. Just NPC the stuff. Unless you want to appeal to the newbs and try to gain customer loyalty.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1244495897
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And so the TKV empire expands. . . by one small Yew Gate shop.

I'm thinking of putting a rune library in there.

Next I want that large house at the gate.