Catt 1 Copperhead 0

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So my neighbors found 2 copperheads in their yard last weekend between our two houses. Our house was once owned by some old lady that had way too much time to tend to plants/shrubbery, etc.

It seems that snakes love that crap. So I decided to start clearing out the ground cover. Yesterday I chopped up a couple of plants. This morning, i went out to chop up another, and was bending down to grab some chopped branches, and bam - snake right next to my hand.

I grabbed my hedge clippers, and clipped him a few inches from the head. But I think I clipped too far below, cuz the tongue was still coming in and out, and his head was trying to crawl. So then I smashed his head in.

Sadly, I forgot to take pictures, so this thread is pretty pointless.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Pics or it didn't happen.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I knew someone who used to work in a ... animal-unfriendly lab ... it's hard to decapitate a snake s.t. it doesn't move for a bit afterward.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This is a pretty close approximation:
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Malcolm wrote:I knew someone who used to work in a ... animal-unfriendly lab ... it's hard to decapitate a snake s.t. it doesn't move for a bit afterward.
My grandparents were farmers. My mom tells a story of walking in one of the cotten fields with one of the farm hands when she was little and he put his hand out and stopped her. There was a rattle snake about 3 ft long crossing in front of them. The guy reached down and grabbed it by the tail and popped it like a whip sending its head flying.

Tossed the body down and warned my mother never to try that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Takes alot to kill snakes and turtles. Snapping turtle can still bite your finger off 8 hrs after you cut the head off.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Snapping turtles are directly behind scorpions in the "Satan's Pets" catagory.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:Snapping turtles are directly behind scorpions in the "Satan's Pets" catagory.
Emperor scorpions don't take your finger off. They certainly don't break bones.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

I saw a national geographic on scorpions. They froze one in a block of ice, melted the ice, and the thing got up and walked off. Took the same one and threw it on a griddle. It was black and smoking. Pulled it off and it popped its crisp outer shell off and walked off. Zapped it with enough rads of radiation to kill a man dead in less than a minute. The thing gave a little shudder and kept on going.

Most evil creation of God. Period.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:Most evil creation of God. Period.
You seem to have "evil" confused w\ "resilient."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I think I would rather deal with the evil turtle. My grandfather had a scorpion climb up his hand. Said it felt like someone cutting open his skin then using a sewing machine to sew it back up in the same instance.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Back in NC, about this time last year, GF and I were driving when we saw a turtle in the road.

She freaked out, and I decided to get out at the red light we were at, and move it, as it was steadily crawling towards busy traffic. I got her to get into the drivers seat, and went on over to figure out Mr. Turtle.

I start getting closer when I realize this isn't a normal looking "cute" turtle.

At about 2-3 feet the turtle spins around to face me and snaps at my fingers and toes like a possessed demon and my brain decides that the best course of action is actually to kick the turtle.... which I did.

Eventually I got some PVC pipe from the side of the road, and let the turtle bite it, and then used it to fling his ornery ass into the woods.

This leads up to yesterday, driving back from Target, when I saw this young black couple doing the exact same thing I was going to do. As I drove by, I noticed it was the same turtle, only about 2x as big and super mean looking. I had to turn at a light and missed the carnage that probably ensued.

Edited By Troy on 1243349503
Paul

Post by Paul »

Malcolm wrote:
Vince wrote:Most evil creation of God. Period.
You seem to have "evil" confused w\ "resilient."
Scorpions are pussies.
They can't handle their liquor, or fire.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Or being glued to an explosive 10x their body weight. IIRC
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd like to see one strapped to the nose cone of an Estes rocket with a "D"-type engine.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."