dawn of the dead - better than the original?

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
nicola

Post by nicola »

i like the remake, especially the fact that the cast was virtually unknown
Troy

Post by Troy »

except for that black E.R. doctor guy
nicola

Post by nicola »

hes still a smalltime actor, like ving rhames--
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Diamond Dog.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought this remake was ok, but could have been a LOT better.

The opening 15 minutes were very good and set a great mood. Its too bad the rest of the film could'nt keep that level of energy.

I think they made a huge mistake with the zombies. Speeding them up and making them super strong really hurt a lot of the scenes in the film. It forced them to be inconsistent or else the zombies would have easily overwhelmed the heroes.

I also didn't like that they barely acknowledged the mall. Securing the mall and their life within was a major storyline in the original film. It was all but ignored this time around.

I also wouldn't call Ving Rhames and Mekhi Phifer smalltime actors.

Ving Rhames is very well known due to his roles in Con Air, Mission Impossible 1 & 2 (and probably 3), Pulp Fiction, and Lilo & Stitch. Those were all box office hits. His filmography.

As for Mikhi Phifer, maybe he only had two big movie roles in 8 Mile and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (stupidest title ever), but being a main character on one of the top rated shows for the last few years doesn't exactly make him an unknown.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
nicola

Post by nicola »

ving rhames, and mekhi whatever, have never been leads, ..in anything...nor have they ever really been acknowledged for any part in a film that i have ever seen--sorry eminems movie doesnt count