It's not a "laptop"

thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Paul

Post by Paul »

Someone brought an Mac notebook in last week because the hard drive was bad. They wanted me to change it. Fine. I had extra hard drives, and had spent the previous ten minutes installing a laptop in a HP notebook, so what's the big deal about changing a Mac HD?

I looked it up online.

52 steps. Removing cages, unplugging wires, removing airport cards, prying the pretty plastic case apart with multiple screw drivers, etc.

I called her back and told her that we don't work on Macs.

Edited By Paul on 1197654094
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Till Mac figures out that hardware modularity is something that the educated consumer wants, they will continue to get the short end of the market stick.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Mac's have some feature that does a suspend to disk type of thing. Apparently when it first came out, lots of "notebooks" got bad hard drives cuz of movement while it was doing the suspend feature.

And the latest batch has all sorts of hard drive issues.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Their commercials should reflect that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Well, there's that one where the PC dude is a boxer & jumping all o'er the place & the Mac dude just kinda stands there like an inert piece of shit. Come to think of it, the Mac dude never really moves.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."