WNBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Adding chartered flights for teams.

$50M/year.

I'd love to see a breakdown of how much money they're making vs expenses.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

$200M revenue at present.
The NBA provides the WNBA with an annual endowment of over $15 million. This financial support helps cover various operating costs for WNBA teams, including facilities, travel, marketing, and administration. As of 2023, the NBA owns 50% of the WNBA, while the 12 WNBA teams collectively own the other 50%.
All I can find is stuff saying that the WNBA isn't profitable. But no more details than the above.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:58 am $200M revenue at present.
Spending 25% of that on charter flights over a two year period seems ill advised.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:58 am $200M revenue at present.
Spending 25% of that on charter flights over a two year period seems ill advised.
I wonder if they'd rather have that $$ as salary. They have 11% of revenue now, iirc, which is about $22M... so they could double their salaries instead.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

I'd want the money.
Cakedaddy

WNBA

Post by Cakedaddy »

They want both.
Leisher
Site Admin

WNBA

Post by Leisher »

Truth