Israel

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm Mostly peaceful protests from people who totally don't have a seething hatred for jews that is boiling over.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... index.html
Back in Boston for work... walked by Harvard yard and it's still gated. Large collection of tents as well you could still see. They were chanting something, but far enough away I couldn't quite tell what. Probably something dumb.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Expel 100% of them. :-D
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Decades later, people always have funny stories about the things they protested in college, when they were young and stupid.

I bet none of these people will tell stories about how they hated jews.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Bipartisan antisemitism bill passes the House.

It's nice to see when both parties can come together to show their disdain or ignorance of the Constitution.

I'm against antisemitism, but this is a clear violation of the 1st.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 pm I'm against antisemitism, but this is a clear violation of the 1st.
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Why do the French riot police look so much cooler than our riot cops I'm seeing on college campuses?

Reminds of Lannister armor from GOT, or a faction from the Dune universe:

TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:33 am Why do the French riot police look so much cooler than our riot cops I'm seeing on college campuses?
I wouldn't go in without a full helmet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

I wouldn't go in without full gimp leathers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:42 am I wouldn't go in without full gimp leathers.
Sir, this is a Wendy's.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

This is interesting to me.... 60% of the peeps arrested on those college campuses had no connection to the colleges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ents-nypd/

Would be interesting if they were the local islamic club, or something.
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 am This is interesting to me.... 60% of the peeps arrested on those college campuses had no connection to the colleges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ents-nypd/

Would be interesting if they were the local islamic club, or something.
Pretty clearly a shadow PR war going on in the US, as we've talked about before I think.

The silent majority REALLY just want them all to stfu.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:16 am The silent majority REALLY just want them all to stfu.
It would be nice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

I was told the following, can someone confirm the validity?

At UCLA, Zionists charged in and attacked the pro-Palestinian protestors. They bloodied many of them and the police did nothing.

When I heard this I was immediately thinking, "Bullshit".

But giving them the benefit of the doubt, did this happen?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

I saw the police raid the UCLA encampment and destroy it, so they probably meant that.
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:34 am I was told the following, can someone confirm the validity?

At UCLA, Zionists charged in and attacked the pro-Palestinian protestors. They bloodied many of them and the police did nothing.

When I heard this I was immediately thinking, "Bullshit".

But giving them the benefit of the doubt, did this happen?
Remembered seeing this so checked X.

I think there was a clash when two protesting bodies got too close to each other. Pro-Israel folks got physical, shot fireworks into the other crowd.

Not the first instance for either party. Everyone sucks and needs to shut up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Troy for the win.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

They're all NPCs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Are the tides starting to shift? Is Palestine going to be the topic that shifts our culture here back to one of sanity?

This week in a meme:
Another campus sees kids singing the national anthem to counter protest. It's not going well for the Hims CEO either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Society through all of history up until approximtely the 1960s: "Ok, you people are weird, shut up, no one wants to hear it."

Society in 1960s: we all know what happened.

Society, 20 years later, sometime in the 1980s: "Ok, fine, you weirdos just do your thing. Be loud and proud. There will be random acts of violence from people who fear change, but c'est la vie."

Society (the so-called Chads), 40 years after that, today: "Ok, enough of this shit. Your experiment is self-contradictory and doesn't work in free society. You can't say you should have all the rights, and everybody else shouldn't. We tried, but you took it too far and fucked it up. Now stop oppressing Jews, stop sex changing kids, and stop.... whatever." It's too early to do my usual 3+ supporting points.

I hope this is truly the "silent majority" finally standing up, and not just a blip.