The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah... there's no basis for that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I didn't listen to it because I think Stern's a tool and I don't understand paying for SiriusXM.

I believe Joe probably did say all of this stuff. I have an uncle who is Joe's age and he does all the same stuff. He's constantly telling wild stories that are clearly bullshit. His wife is the only one who calls him on it and is actively rolling her eyes when he's mid-story. They're very in love, and a very entertaining duo.

Anyway, Biden is too old and his mental capacities far too deteriorated to be president NOW, let alone 4 more years. (Same for the other guy, but this is the Biden thread.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'm guessing Afroman isn't voting Biden.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden calls Japan xenophobic.

The headline is sensational and clear clickbait.

Yes, he did say it, but it's honestly true. Also, he mentioned it in the context of allowing immigrants in to stimulate one's economy.

Although, I think that's where people here would strongly push back that the immigrants need to be legal...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I am not a financial person, but I think I might know more than this guy. Not kidding.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, bad answer, but his job has little to do with that topic. Which amuse doesn't seem to know.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:22 pm but his job has little to do with that topic.
Someone at that level of government should probably understand some of the basics of how the government works.

I don't think that's a big ask.

BTW, this wasn't just amuse. Several accounts posted it, including financial ones.

As Unusual Whales states:
This is Jared Bernstein, the Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, the main agency advising Biden on economic policy, from the documentary: Finding the Money.
So what is his job and why do we not care that he doesn't understand how the government works?

Also from the Biden admin today, more lies and avoiding questions. (That's not the Fox guy grilling her.)
Or you can enjoy more evidence that the Biden WH has worked hard to squash your freedom of speech.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:45 pm So what is his job and why do we not care that he doesn't understand how the government works?
His job is to assess the impacts of various economic policies. Which, if you look at his resume, he's been doing in various capacities for decades. It'd be like me asking you about python multi-threading and multi-processing. It's still computers, Leisher, why can't you tell me all the details?

It's my understanding that the Biden administration wants to let the Trump tax cuts that have destroyed our balance sheet and national debt expire, but have new legislation that keeps taxes the same for those under $400k as they were under the stupid tax cuts. Which is what she said. Townhall's summary is incorrect. Again.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

I bet I can think of a way to fix that unbalanced sheet, without raising taxes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 am It's still computers, Leisher, why can't you tell me all the details?
Your example is wrong. In this case, it'd be like Leisher why can't you tell me why the computer won't turn on without power.

He gets asked a pretty basic fucking question. It's embarrassing that an adult voter, let alone one that works FOR the government can't answer it.
TheCatt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 am It's my understanding that the Biden administration wants to let the Trump tax cuts that have destroyed our balance sheet and national debt expire, but have new legislation that keeps taxes the same for those under $400k as they were under the stupid tax cuts. Which is what she said. Townhall's summary is incorrect. Again.
I'm not defending Trump's tax cuts, but that last part is completely bullshit.

Literally, the very first thing she is asked is about the tax cuts expiring and she's given numbers on how that will affect Americans making under $400K. She never addresses it, never discusses any new legislation, and instead stands there attacking Rs instead. And hey, her point may very well be legit, but she still never addresses the question and last time I checked, the Ds don't control the House. So this legislation, if it exists, is either going to get pushed prior to the election when they know it will get beaten because Rs aren't going to hand Biden another way to bribe voters, or it'll be dangled as a bribe for post-election.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:06 pm Your example is wrong. In this case, it'd be like Leisher why can't you tell me why the computer won't turn on without power.
No, it's like asking you in IT about software development. "They're both computers" The Fed controls monetary policy, not the "council of economic advisors."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by GORDON »

How much does being on that counsel pay? I also know very little about how the economy works. I seem to be highly qualified.

I'm sure it isn't just a way to move illegal money around.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:13 am
Leisher wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:06 pm Your example is wrong. In this case, it'd be like Leisher why can't you tell me why the computer won't turn on without power.
No, it's like asking you in IT about software development. "They're both computers" The Fed controls monetary policy, not the "council of economic advisors."
If you're an economic advisor to the government, I would expect you to understand how the government gets its money.

I don't work in software development, but I know the entire process.