Israel

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Anti-Israeli tensions are so high at Columbia university that they've moved all classes to virtual.

This is a direct result of the piss poor examples of leadership in this country.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:18 am Anti-Israeli tensions are so high at Columbia university that they've moved all classes to virtual.

This is a direct result of the piss poor examples of leadership in this country.
Tough one for sure. I can't believe the things the anti-Israel/Pro Hamas people are getting away with.

On the other hand, I can't but NOT notice the full blown pro Israel PR campaign going on at Twitter, Reddit etc. These are well financed, fake grass-roots campaigns. One is in the streets, the other is all over the main stream media.

I tend to side with Israel, but I can't blanket give them a pass. Especially after what happened to those aid workers.

Everyone sucks here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:55 am On the other hand, I can't but NOT notice the full blown pro Israel PR campaign going on at Twitter, Reddit etc. These are well financed, fake grass-roots campaigns. One is in the streets, the other is all over the main stream media.
To be fair, these weren't happening until they realized Hamas was kicking their ass on the PR front.
Troy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:55 am Everyone sucks here.
Yep.

Although, like you I lean Israel. Ultimately, none of this is happening if Hamas didn't FAFO. Not to mention that they STILL have hostages. However, Israel is definitely taking it to a whole new level.

How would we feel if Israel made this announcement:
"We do not want any more bloodshed, but we can no longer accept Gaza's existence because this will just keep happening, which will lead to more deaths than if we just wiped Gaza off the map. Thus, we are declaring an immediate ceasefire. During this ceasefire, we will offer free passage from Gaza to the West Bank for all Palestinians. Once in the West Bank, we will assist in helping with developing housing, provide medical aid, food, water, etc. Anyone who stays once this ceasefire ends, dies."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Israel

Post by Cakedaddy »

Then they just stage in, and attack from the West Bank. Or some other boarder. Making Gaza go away doesn't make the people feel differently.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Logistically, removing Gaza would be a huge help for the IDF. They could then shift forces to cover the West Bank more securely.

They could also give Palestinians a message of, "If you do that shit again, we do to the West Bank what we did to Gaza. Only this time, there won't be any ceasefires until the problem is gone forever."

On a different note, I could not possibly have less respect for the people protesting on behalf of Palestine and Hamas. Listen, if you're simply anti-war, I'll exempt you. However, if you're one of these people chanting Hamas forever or whatever the fuck they're saying, humanity would be much better off if you didn't exist. I'm not kidding. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Hamas was behind the Oct 6th attack that killed 1600+ innocent men, women, and children. Entire families tortured, raped, and butchered. Israel wasn't oppressing Gaza. There was no reason for the attack. Ask Ghandi.

There is no justification other than evil people full of hate wanting to kill and hurt those they hate.

TikTok is lying to you. It's not just propaganda, it's propaganda people are willingly signing up to consume and believe. These are modern day torch and pitchfork mobs trying to burn witches at the stake.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:08 am TikTok is lying to you. It's not just propaganda, it's propaganda people are willingly signing up to consume and believe. These are modern day torch and pitchfork mobs trying to burn witches at the stake.
One student, Alejandro Tanon told the AFP news agency that the US was at a "critical moment", likening the protests to historic demonstrations over the Vietnam War and apartheid in South Africa.
Yep.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Israel

Post by Troy »

Babylon Bee has been hitting it lately. Something about finding your best edge in times of crisis, or something.
Osama Bin Laden Given Honorary Posthumous Doctorate From Columbia
https://babylonbee.com/news/osama-bin-l ... m-columbia
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:04 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:08 am TikTok is lying to you. It's not just propaganda, it's propaganda people are willingly signing up to consume and believe. These are modern day torch and pitchfork mobs trying to burn witches at the stake.
One student, Alejandro Tanon told the AFP news agency that the US was at a "critical moment", likening the protests to historic demonstrations over the Vietnam War and apartheid in South Africa.
Yep.
I feel like there's a type of person who NEEDS to believe in something.

It feels like "believing in America," and pride in being an American, has been turned into something passe, gauche. SOmething one doesn't admit to in social circles.

It feels like belief in a higher power has been relegated to people of color, and wackjob Americans. One who is aware of social stigma often doesn't mention they go to church on Sunday IN MIXED COMPANY. If your life and social circle revolve around a megachurch, or, say, a mosque, then you're fine. But overall, most people aren't "Praise God/Allah" all day.

What they do expect us to believe in is "our team." Our political party. Most of the time it's considered a social faux-pas to admit you AREN'T participating in taking sides. Immediate accusations of "well then you must suppot X, traitor."

There's a kind of person who needs to believe in something, to belong to something. They need to be in the herd. Part of the group. These are the people quick to form mobs, burn their neighbors, will never think for themselves, and will immediately say "Hell yeah, goddam jews, killem all" if they think they're supposed to, with no other thought or consideration or context needed.

These people are scary, and the reason I have a gun, for the after-times. The True Believers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

People need purpose. It gives their life meaning. If what they align with turns out to be bullshit, it can be catastrophic to their identity and sense of self worth. That's why people get so tribal about politics. They REALLY need to be right because they are so personally invested.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

John Goodman in The Big Lebowski wasn't a fan, but it truly is light to be a nihilist. I don't need to carry water for any of the causes out there. My identity isn't based on any other person's expectations of me, except for that of a father.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Just...fuck...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Sounds about right
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Hamas claims they would be willing to disarm if a Palestinian state is established.

As the article points out, this is a complete reversal of their "wipe Israel off the map" stance. Perhaps Israel is winning more than we're hearing?

It should also be noted that they said their troops and whatnot would be rolled into a standing army. Not exactly "disarming".
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

These kids have no fucking idea what they're doing.

"Always remember" didn't last too long, did it? The smart move for Muslims with evil intentions is to keep playing the long game and never commit violence here. Just keep making fake TikToks painting yourselves as the innocent victims.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Columbia expels students
Columbia expels students occupying building
Good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:02 pm Columbia expels students
Columbia expels students occupying building
Good.
Holy shit. Adults actually adulting! I'm pretty shocked.

BTW, the people currently blocking, assaulting, insulting, and all around being cunts to Jewish students just because they're Jewish are the same people who love to call other people fascists and Nazis. Just saying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:46 pm BTW, the people currently blocking, assaulting, insulting, and all around being cunts to Jewish students just because they're Jewish are the same people who love to call other people fascists and Nazis. Just saying.
They are calling the Jews fascists... so it's ok to act up against ffascists.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:46 pm BTW, the people currently blocking, assaulting, insulting, and all around being cunts to Jewish students just because they're Jewish are the same people who love to call other people fascists and Nazis. Just saying.
They are calling the Jews fascists... so it's ok to act up against ffascists.
Nothing says fascist like just being a student trying to attend class who just happens to have been born Jewish...
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

I was calling this during the "punch a nazi" phase. We were deciding who was and wasn't fully human with human rights, because of our feelings. And the people doing so were really damned dumb. So now here we are in the "I don't hate Jews, but..." phase, and peeps not even bothering with the claim, any more. They just fucking hate Jews, because it's fashionable.

Again, I vote we reopen Australia as a penal colony, and ship these people there. But not the nice spots on the coast, right in the fucking middle without anyone else within 100 miles. The rest of the world will be better for having them gone.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Mostly peaceful protests from people who totally don't have a seething hatred for jews that is boiling over.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... index.html