Beyond All Reason

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

I am also available.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Might be on later than usual but I'll be there.

I'm good to go.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

In NC, east coast time, should be up for playing tomorrow.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just like the Jackson 5. I'll be there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

I'm out. Moving my oldest home tomorrow AND have to head into work early Saturday to meet a vendor.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm I'm out. Moving my oldest home tomorrow AND have to head into work early Saturday to meet a vendor.
You know we game Friday nights. Why do you keep scheduling things like this?!@
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Will try for 8 eastern. Parents have the newborn tonight so might be a little noisy at times. But those are grandparent problems.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ok. You didn't tell us about a new girlfriend. Is there other news you didn't share?!
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 pm Ok. You didn't tell us about a new girlfriend. Is there other news you didn't share?!
Negative, this is the final piece of the “Troy may never have a kid” puzzle.

Brother’s third child, a male heir to the throne! His first name is my middle.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Slight delay. 8:20ish for me.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

We got in a TON of multi games tonight. Won more than we lost. Our last one was a ridiculous 8v8. Insane amount of units, tons and tons of nukes and experimental flying around. Cake and I took out a factory with an early rush and then held the line until our backline help showed up. Wild one.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

HEHEH I just stared the replay, and saw us drawing out our epic strategy and I thought "How insignificant that was" after coming off of that HUGE ending.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watching the replay. Remember when they surprised us with T3 units and had a good push going, and blue came in just in time with T3?

He had been building pure econ up until we saw their T3 units. That's when he started building the gantry, and then the response units. His econ was so good, that he could on the fly respond to a T3 push, and push them back, with force, and the game stayed in our favor from then on.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Pink never did recover from that, though. He had to build closer to the middle of the map with his forward commander his only con unit. Then that got easily wiped. If our teching Aussie fella hadn’t been useless by the mid game we’d have rolled em earlier.

100% wild when I saw our eco guy not even react to the T3 push that was about to wipe us until the last minute. At that point in the game it was blue vs red, their best player vs our best player and they cancelled each other out.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Pink was also the 1 skill Razor guy. He had a tech 1 bot factory that sat idle the whole game, and he was overflowing resources for a while.
I feel like the light blue next to me was the straw that broke their back. He was able to capitalize on the attention they had to give our blue guy. Responding to blue allowed light blue to gain ground. When they would.respond to light blue dark blue could push. That tick flood was awesome. The dude had 10 tech 1 factories making ticks with a .7 second build time. Then he added about 6 more. It was a never ending thick stream of ticks that harassed their right lane into submission. Dark blue started a thick stream of grunts at some point.

I'm not saying our rush was 'nothing'. Watching the game immediately after the epic ending, it had a very 'drop in the bucket' feel. 5 star strategy though. Would definitely do it again. I'm going to play with tanks this week to get a better feel for them.

I also need to play some core games. When I'm given a core tech 2 con unit, I'm lost with it. Have to hover over everything to find what I want to build.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm I also need to play some core games. When I'm given a core tech 2 con unit, I'm lost with it. Have to hover over everything to find what I want to build.
Same, feels like I just picked up a Protoss builder when I'm playing Terran in Starcraft. WTF is all this froo froo shit, curvey edges, lasers, and what not.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just played a practice game where I tried to scale my economy up fast, but in a small area, like you would have to in a multi game. The entire game, I heard them shooting something, but I didn't know what it was. I only heard it when I zoomed out. Nothing of mine was getting hit. I thought it was a bug.

At the end of the game (I lost), I found this:

what.jpg

There was an "Easter Egg" Boombox. Destroy for resources. They had some of those stunning drones shooting it, but none of the other units would fire. There was just a HUGE cluster of units, including a titan, standing around it.

The end game graph showed yellow with the most active units, and I never saw any. This is why.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Wait, what are they doing?
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's apparently and Easter Egg in the game. Boxes that randomly spawn and will provide resources if destroyed. I've never seen one before this. They found one, and are sending units to destroy it, but no damage causing bots are firing on it. Only those stun drones that don't do damage, but of course your unit is stunned and it can't move. They want it dead, so they keep sending units, that don't fire on it. So there's a huge cluster of units as it keeps sending units to destroy it. There is even a Titan standing on it.

My guess is, flawed game logic. They see it as 'not ours, so kill it'. But the game is coded that the AI can't destroy it, thus getting the resources. So it's caught in a loop of 'Destroy and don't damage it'.

What might look like the titan's right foot, is actually the box.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

And you lost this game?