2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 am So when I write in Fetterman for president on election day, do I need his full name? Social security number? How detailed so they can be sure to count the one I mean?
"Oh look, another crazy dude, just throw it away with the rest"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm torn. I typically vote 3rd party, but tbh there would be a HUGE comedy payoff if trump was reelected. But I don't think I can quite bring myself to vote for him even though the comedy would never stop.

But I can't even name the 3rd party person.

And i like the cut of Fetterman jib. So who cares!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think my rule of thumb is this:

In 2008 is was the general consensus that mccaine was too old to be president, at 71. So, we can't possibly, in good conscience, vote for someone that old.

Biden is 81.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How to do vote a write-in.

Amazing how we can't ask for ID when people vote because that would be "impeding democracy", but they won't count write in votes unless the person files all the paperwork.

200M people could vote for Fetterman and it wouldn't count?

Democracy!
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:29 pm "Oh look, another crazy dude, just throw it away with the rest"
There is no attitude worse than "You're throwing your vote away." It's not only why we're stuck with two parties, but it's why we're all nothing more than slaves with financial chains. (I just made that up. Copyright me.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Seems there are some hoops before one can successfully vote for a non-traditional party.

How interesting that things got set up like that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 pm There is no attitude worse than "You're throwing your vote away." It's not only why we're stuck with two parties, but it's why we're all nothing more than slaves with financial chains. (I just made that up. Copyright me.)
The walls around a two party system are massive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:28 pm There is no attitude worse than "You're throwing your vote away." It's not only why we're stuck with two parties, but it's why we're all nothing more than slaves with financial chains. (I just made that up. Copyright me.)
The walls around a two party system are massive.
Pfft. So's my johnson, but I still make it fit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah but the sheep never walks right, after.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 pm Yeah but the sheep never walks right, after.
Those poor sheep butts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They love it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:29 pm just throw it away with the rest
Because voting the main two is really rewarding and not a waste at all. I can't even wrap my brain around the concept of voting R or D not being a waste.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:42 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:29 pm just throw it away with the rest
Because voting the main two is really rewarding and not a waste at all. I can't even wrap my brain around the concept of voting R or D not being a waste.
Preach! Both parties keep fucking everyone over, but next time will be different!

And yeah Catt, the argument about who is more sharp shows how most people don't have the ability to look at their own party negatively. Neither of these geezers should be running for office! They should be enjoying their golden years feeding ducks or something. Most voters would see someone their age in the wild and immediately think they're completely incapable. They'd help them across the street, talk to them as if they're disabled or children, and so on. But Trump and Biden can be president?

It's just endless "your guy fell asleep" vs "no, your guy fell asleep" horseshit. Who cares?! They both suck! Stop voting for them! You're not voting for "the lesser of two evils", you're voting for evil.

That's my TED talk.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think political discourse would improve greatly if Trump and Biden would just embrace napping in the public eye. Softens both of their images.

(4 hours of sleep the last few nights, I'm so jealous)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm I think political discourse would improve greatly if Trump and Biden would just embrace napping in the public eye. Softens both of their images.

There has been genuine push within corporations that maybe a nap around 2 p.m. every day would improve worker productivity. Maybe Biden and Trump are really cutting edge in the world of napping?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm
Troy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm I think political discourse would improve greatly if Trump and Biden would just embrace napping in the public eye. Softens both of their images.

There has been genuine push within corporations that maybe a nap around 2 p.m. every day would improve worker productivity. Maybe Biden and Trump are really cutting edge in the world of napping?
So... Spain + Mexico were on to something?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm

So... Spain + Mexico were on to something?
Jokes aside, according to the various studies I've seen (and I think we've posted here over the years), yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I took a short nap today around 2:30... but I also woke up at 5:30 instead of my normal 7:00.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But seriously.... As Biden starts spending millions on the campaign trail, as Trump is spending millions on legal defense.... If trump wins anyway, do you think the Democratic Party will learn anything?

If trump loses, do you think it locks down the "keep them tied up in court, no matter what" strategy?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think Trump deserved to be in court, so not a strategy that's applicable to other cases.