Random Funny Internet Things (not pictures)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's weird. Random coincidence or you think Twitter picked up something from you seeing it and thought you wanted more? I've only seen it once.

Anyone know the story? I couldn't find it in the tweet when I looked last night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 am That's weird. Random coincidence or you think Twitter picked up something from you seeing it and thought you wanted more? I've only seen it once.

Anyone know the story? I couldn't find it in the tweet when I looked last night.
Twitter often likes to shove things down my throat, and not the good things.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Expecting it to be funny added to the shock value, imo.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

People dying, getting severely hurt, etc... not my cup of tea.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We don't know he died. Wink

It would only work once.

I'd love to know context, who was the psycho in that situation. Prolly the guy in high-vis, since he was firing into the cab.

But then the truck seemed to drive away, which is wack. So I dunno
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 am I'd love to know context
Me too.
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 am But then the truck seemed to drive away, which is wack.
That's why he'll get charged with murder. He escaped, but came back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'd argue a shooter was rampaging and I stopped him from hurting someone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In a now-viral video that surfaced over the weekend, a shocking incident unfolded in Lumberton, North Carolina, revealing a tragic turn of events stemming from an attempted carjacking.

Jonathan Adam Lecompte, identified as one of several Good Samaritans, intervened as a suspect, Ricky Alex Driggers, allegedly attempted the carjacking. Lecompte is seen approaching a tow truck and engaging in what appears to be an exchange of gunfire with Driggers. The situation escalated rapidly as the truck reversed and then accelerated towards Lecompte, striking and ultimately killing him.

Lumberton Police have charged Driggers with first-degree murder and other offences related to the incident. Lecompte was pronounced dead at a local hospital
https://www.wral.com/story/good-samarit ... /21381330/
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yep. I continue to believe that it's all but impossible to look at a situation from one perspective, for a short amount of time, and understand what's going on.

Which is what almost everyone on the internet does, every day.

I've never gone back to social media, since I cut it out. Pretty sure my brain is better.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks for digging up the context. Hopefully Driggers spends the next 50 years being a pin cushion in prison.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This video is an amazing example of what "thirsty" looks like. BTW, she's hot as hell and you'll be lucky if a woman ever looks at you like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »