Beyond All Reason

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've heard this game can be played on a potato. We play at night. Things still aren't adding up. . . .
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

I'm not getting anyone hopes up but it makes sense for me to run across the bay back to my apartment tonight to get my suit for next week.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

I like the new direction this is taking. :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

I'll be online in Steam. Holla if we're playing. Otherwise it's Far Cry 6.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Saw this comment from one of the devs on Reddit in regards to which Custom AI to play. The person had asked if they should try the Scavengers.
Developer
Honestly?
Don't bother, just play Raptors instead.
Scavs need a total rework and i'm not sure when i'll be able to get into that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Ended up in Detroit for a lacrosse match. I didn't know.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:20 pm Ended up in Detroit for a lacrosse match. I didn't know.
Working with no end in sight here, won't get out until late.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

You are all dead to me. . . Until next Friday when I give you a chance to redeem yourselves.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Got my gaming laptop and my suit for court Sunday.

I got a 5v5 in before I went to bed - I fronted one side of the map with Core vehicles and had a starting spot behind me that went air/support. We rolled - I went up the flank and killed two players. Multi is so fun.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Hopefully you're back Friday. We don't stand a chance against [insert crazy AI name here] without you.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Leaving office, gonna stop at the hotel bar for some food, up to game in an hour or so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Did you guys game? I was up in Detroit seeing Amelie.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

We got a few games in. We puzzled through the party system for a while and then played an 8v8 multi game. We lost but I don't think it was really our fault. Our frontline held for a while - with Cake and I in the center. As frontlines that's all you're really supposed to do, fight and hold. I even blapped an entire enemy base (factory and power farm) in an early rush.

Unfortunately, our right side collapsed and there were eco players behind us who didn't do a darn thing but make pretty bases. I know that because at some point the other side's backline showed us what they had been up to and it was GIANT FUCKING CLOUDS OF BOMBERS.

I think 3v3 and 5v5 multi games are more enjoyable, 8v8 is kind a giant clusterfuck. It's NOT no-fun, but I have more fun in the smaller games.

Also the lowest rating guy on our team (like a 2 skill rating) showed why he was a two skill rating, got offed by a nuke early on and rage drew all over our screen until the game ended. What a shitbird. Cake figured out how to mute someone's scribbles, so that was rad.

e: Except for that "Wasp" guy. He eco and teched up, and then sold us t2 constructors, that was sweet.
Last edited by Troy on Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:39 pm got offed by a nuke early on and rage drew all over our screen until the game ended. What a shitbird.
One of the reasons I cannot stand playing with strangers. I barely tolerate strangers in real life, I certainly don't want to give them my leisure time.

I hope if there's a way to report/ban someone you guys did with him.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:45 pm
Troy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:39 pm got offed by a nuke early on and rage drew all over our screen until the game ended. What a shitbird.
I hope if there's a way to report/ban someone you guys did with him.
I wish I could have a personal watch list in game, but will mentally note it and certainly never play in a lobby with him again. Gotta take the good with the bad, sometimes. Once I figured out how to mute his scribbles it really wasn't a big deal. Big loser-with-a-2-skill-rating-energy.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Watched the replay. some thoughts:

I didn't get the factory, but the other team was literally gging after that raid. And Yanko our highest ranked player was involved as much as me with an Arma vehicle rush.

Biggest thing I noticed is the other team spread out way faster. Cake, Me, and Yanko are the only players that covered any ground. Had a shitty air player going frontline on my left flank.

Orange's "perfect artillery" was because he got a few cameras down before we closed the front line. Dang!
Last edited by Troy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

It was pretty dang close until Yanko got nuked. The guy who was backlining him, that was responsible for making anti-nuke under his umbrella of frontline protection - like the two guys behind us did (pretty well, actually) - was Psycho, in light purple.

The same idiot who drew all over the map. It was his fault we lost the game. Lol.

I wasted a ton of units, including a pack of t2 Artillery at a time in the game when that would have dislodged orange, who just lost their commander. By attack moving the slow moving arty into close range against turrets :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Troy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wasn't proud of my play, but it was functional. I really need to expand my unit repertoire. Which I was practicing today. I normally go heavy Gunslingers with some light artillery as follow up. This works great against AIs. . . However, people are smarter and would focus my T2 units then clean up. Was NOT very effective with pushes, but could somewhat hold my line. So I practiced with other units (and my build order). I'm now including heavier back line hitters. Rockets, missiles, and heavy artillery. WAY more effective. I was playing against 2 simple AI, and they would cover the board fast and then out produce me. Over and over. But then I changed my expansion efforts (increased) and put in some of the more expensive, long range heavy hitters, and BOY what a difference. I easily mopped up the 2 AIs two games in a row. I'm sure my faster, early expansion helped the results, but at any rate, the long range stuff taking things out as the front line spotted was effective. We also needed anti nukes earlier. Never thought of it because AI never uses them.

I like the camera tactic. Are there units that reveal cloaked things?

I wish I had been producing fat boys that game. They have the range and fire power to hit hard. Even if you just spam random shots where you know they are. They hit so hard, stuff will go down.

I'm thinking in some future game, you need to share your core constructors with me, and I can do the same. Take the best units out of each army. I like my Arm bots, but Core tanks are better, in my opinion. I'd like to mix and match.

That was another tactic I started using against the AI. I would start with bots, but in one of my expansion areas, I would build a tank factory. I would then push from two 'lanes'. More effective than spawning everything from one spot. Which makes sense. But with the AI voice always telling you "It's more efficient to build only one factory" kept me in the "one spot cranking out units as fast as possible" mind set. I'm now convinced that it really is on a case by case basis. Long drawn out games, having multiple factories will mean faster production, and spread out. I think the 'efficiency' thing applies to early game. It's better to spend those resources on early units or economy.

I really need to learn the hot key that keeps units in formation. Keep the fast units with the slow units. Also, how to insert units in the factory queue instead of clearing it and building the one unit I need right now. There is a way to do that. I DID learn that selecting a building, then holding space when you place it will interrupt the constructor queue and immediately build that building, then continue back on its build queue. Instead of clearing the build queue, starting that new building, then redoing all the orders you had stacked up.

Lastly, I played with the EMP missile launcher. Blah. Small AOE. I'm guessing it's more of an 'anti T3' thing.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:17 am
I really need to learn the hot key that keeps units in formation. Keep the fast units with the slow units. Also, how to insert units in the factory queue instead of clearing it and building the one unit I need right now. There is a way to do that. I DID learn that selecting a building, then holding space when you place it will interrupt the constructor queue and immediately build that building, then continue back on its build queue. Instead of clearing the build queue, starting that new building, then redoing all the orders you had stacked up.
Spacebar adding a priority building is new - will try it!

I do the "built-the-one-you-need" thing a lot to break up my regular tank production. I believe it's right click.

You can build t2 stealth detectors, but I thought they only worked on stealthy mobile units. Will need to experiment with static cameras.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Finally figured out how to have my units move in formation instead of the fast ones rushing out to die, then the slow ones showing up way late.

Once you have them how you want. I use right click + drag to spread them out. Then, Alt + Right click (NO DRAG) and the whole group moves just as they are to the designated point. I kept doing Alt + right click + drag and the units wouldn't stick together.

That being said. I'm in for Friday night.