Who you bringing back?

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by Leisher »

I think I've got to go 6 and 8.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by TheCatt »

These things should come with names. Not sure who 1 and 2 are. Or 4. (Fast + furious dude?)

6 + 8 sems solid.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by GORDON »

Chris Farley, and John Candy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by Leisher »

Pretty sure #1 is the guy from Linkin Park?

2 is familiar, but I don't know who she is.

3 is a complete mystery.

4 is F&F dude.

5 is Kobe. (He plays sports ball Gordo.)

6 is Cobain.

7 is Williams

8 is Ledger

9 is Farley.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:27 am 6 + 8 sems solid.
I think of the group they were, imho, the two youngest options who had the most potential to really impact the world. For example, Ledger and F&F guy were both actors, but Ledger's talent and career were on a different level. Cobain's talent and impact on the music industry far outweighed everyone else.

Farley was my third on my list.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am 3 is a complete mystery.
I thought it was Mitch Hedberg.

2 is Brittany Murphy.

1 is indeed Linkin Park dude.
Troy

Who you bringing back?

Post by Troy »

I like both comedy and music, but push comes to shove for me, individual good comedians hold the highest value.

3/7/9. Maybe Farley stays dead? Mitch and Robin need to come back I miss both of them anytime I pull up their comedy :(

ps. I Saw Shane Gillis in Oakland a few weeks ago and it RULED.
Cakedaddy

Who you bringing back?

Post by Cakedaddy »

My first instinct was Farley and Ledger. Because they were the two I enjoyed the most. I found Cobain extremely annoying. Williams was up there. I started watching the F&F franchise just the other day, so Walker felt higher than he should be? But then I was thinking, Williams wanted to be done, so it seems cruel to bring him back. Farley and Ledger, self inflicted, so do they deserve it? Going to accidents, Walker and Kobe would be on the list. I feel like Walker and Kobe were the two least in control of their own fate when they died.

So, selfish picks would be 8 and 9.
'justice' picks, 4 and 5. I feel like everyone else, while maybe learning a lesson, would also be highly likely to repeat actions and wasting this 'wish'.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by Leisher »

That's a good take I had not considered.

Maybe if we don't tell Courtney Love that Cobain is back his life will be better.

Also, I thought Ledger's was mostly accident.
Cakedaddy

Who you bringing back?

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:26 pm Also, I thought Ledger's was mostly accident
I feel like that could be said about most overdoses. They'd all say "Oops. I took too much." And when we bring them back "Well, I know my limit now!" Until they think they can/need to surpass it later.
Troy

Who you bringing back?

Post by Troy »

No, I'm selfishly dragging Robin Williams kicking and screaming back from then afterlife.
GORDON
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by GORDON »

I appreciate what he did, and his pain, but he was always slightly too manic for my taste.

I stick with my previous answer.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Who you bringing back?

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:47 pm No, I'm selfishly dragging Robin Williams kicking and screaming back from then afterlife.
hehe You don't think his comedy would suffer from this experience? I kind of feel like his heart wouldn't be in it this time around.

Robin's up on stage, not feelin' it. Troy's like "Dance monkey!!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by Leisher »

I'm sticking with 6 and 8 based on talent and potential. Although, knowing now that 3 is Mitch, he's in my third place spot over Farley.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm I'm sticking with 6 and 8 based on talent and potential. Although, knowing now that 3 is Mitch, he's in my third place spot over Farley.
6+8 had a lot of potential future.

7 was done. 9 was done. 5 was done. 4 was terrible anyway. Same with 1. No strong feelings on 2 or 3.
Leisher
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:19 pm 4 was terrible anyway. Same with 1.
Terrible is a bit strong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Who you bringing back?

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:27 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:19 pm 4 was terrible anyway. Same with 1.
Terrible is a bit strong.
I stand by my statement.