Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm You're even required by law to go to school, no matter your race or sex. Some peeps might be mean to you along the way, but that applies to white people, too.
Oh man, wait til you learn about the schools they go to.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Tell me about them thecatt
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 pm Tell me about them thecatt
they suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Too bad the government doesn't take in enough money to enforce existing rules about that sort of thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 pm Too bad the government doesn't take in enough money to enforce existing rules about that sort of thing.
Guess we need more taxes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Yeah that's the problem
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:36 am Yeah that's the problem
the taxes are local. So local schools suck in certain localities
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

And districts receive both state, and federal, funding as well.

The money is there. It is mismanaged, and the steps needed to fix the districts won't be taken.

And I've argued before that money isn't the primary resource needed for teaching children, anyway. They need a quiet room that doesn't leak when it rains. If the kids are there to learn, and the teachers are there to teach, and administration there to support the process, everything would work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Yes if I only they had enough money for all of thay
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Yeah they're hurting for money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 pm The money is there. It is mismanaged, and the steps needed to fix the districts won't be taken.
This and it's indisputable.

Failed school administrators switch cities more often than Catholic priests.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Another article about how people just starting out can't afford their dream home because they want to skip the starter home phase?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:33 pm Another article about how people just starting out can't afford their dream home because they want to skip the starter home phase?
Or, rent.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:33 pm Another article about how people just starting out can't afford their dream home because they want to skip the starter home phase?
Listen, I'm on your side with the whole "earn your way there" thing, but you lose me if you think houses are priced correctly. Especially with interest rates being where they are compared to where they had been recently.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:44 pm
Listen, I'm on your side with the whole "earn your way there" thing, but you lose me if you think houses are priced correctly. Especially with interest rates being where they are compared to where they had been recently.
Make it easierr to build new ones.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:45 pm Make it easierr to build new ones.
Why is it so hard currently?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:02 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:45 pm Make it easierr to build new ones.
Why is it so hard currently?
Varies by location, but lots of rules in many areas constraining housing construction. San Francisco is often cited as an example for this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:45 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:44 pm
Make it easierr to build new ones.
That's an ok step 1.

Step 2: end the practice of businesses (and China) buying up everything as rentals.
Step 3: stop the flood of new people over the border adding to housing pressure.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:12 pm Varies by location, but lots of rules in many areas constraining housing construction. San Francisco is often cited as an example for this.
Ok. I'm in total agreement.
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:15 pm Step 2: end the practice of businesses (and China) buying up everything as rentals.
Make it illegal for foreign powers to own homes aside from ones they provide to staff (registered with the government) that work here.

As for corporations...
-Banks are excluded from rules for obvious reasons, but they should have some limit on how long they can keep a house off the market (Maybe? Catt, would that be unfair to them? Would they care?)
-Houses should be off the market as investment assets, ala what Blackrock has been doing.
-AirBnB and their ilk should be limited to a certain number of houses. I have no idea how that would look, but I'm thinking it would need to be controlled on a city by city basis. Resort cities should probably allow a higher percentage than say, Detroit.

Related question: We see lots of stories on the news about stupid squatter laws hurting the average citizen, but Blackrock owns a shitton of houses. If they're vacant, why aren't people moving into them?