The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The power of the MSM and social media is terrifying.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OK, what’s the real answer? 10? 100? I’m going to guess in that range. My memory says the total # of black people shot to death by police is around 200-400 per year? So maybe half of that at most are unarmed? I guess we could debate level of armedness (knife, “knife”, stick, etc)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The real answer is 11 (it's at the bottom of the image). Also, of the 11 only something like 4 were not actively resisting arrest or something in that realm.

233 that year and typically in the 200-250 range.

996 men and 51 women. 446 white, 136 Hispanic, and they don't even break out Asians.

Back to black people, that's 6 in 1M killed by police, and that includes the armed. It's a higher rate than the other races, and the MSM blames racism and white people specifically. (Serious statistics question: Putting aside the human life factor, would 6 in 1M be statistically significant?)

BUT...

That narrative ignores every other crime statistic that shows black people lead the league, by a lot, in every major category, including the killing of other races. That's before taking "rate" into account too, which makes the narrative pushed above even more dishonest, and quite frankly, probably malicious.

When 13% of the population is responsible for over half the murders and somewhere around 70-80% of all the crime in a country, they're going to have encounters with law enforcement at a much higher rate.

The question is why does the MSM point the finger at white people and law enforcement as being the ultimate problem?

Here's a stark contrast of another group killed in 2021. Go compare the reporting on this vs "unarmed black men".
Of the 73 officers:

68 were male.
5 were female.
60 were White.
9 were Black/African American.
4 had no reported race.
Circumstances Encountered by Victim Officer Upon Arrival at Scene

Of the 73 officers feloniously killed:

24 were killed in unprovoked attacks.
9 died as a result of investigative/enforcement activities (e.g., surveillance, traffic violation stops, active shooter responses, undercover situations, wanted person investigations).
8 were ambushed (entrapment/premeditation).
8 were involved in vehicular or foot pursuits.
7 responded to disorders/disturbances (e.g., disorderly subjects, fights, domestic disturbances/violence).
6 were involved in tactical situations (e.g., barricade/hostage situations, arrest warrants).
4 were involved in arrest situations (e.g., giving verbal warnings, maintaining custody of a prisoner).
2 responded to crimes in progress (e.g., active shooters, assaults).
1 was assisting other law enforcement officers.
1 was serving or attempting to serve a court order (e.g., eviction notice, subpoena).
1 was out of service (e.g., appearing in court, dining).
1 was responding to a report of crime.
1 was providing or deploying equipment (e.g., flares, traffic cones).
Weapons

Offenders used firearms to kill 61 of the 73 victim officers. Six officers were killed by vehicles used as weapons, and 4 by the offender’s use of personal weapons (e.g., hand, fists, feet).

Of the 61 officers killed by firearms:

15 were slain with handguns.
11 were shot by rifles.
2 died from shotguns.
33 were shot with firearms in which the types of firearms were unknown or not reported.
Regions

Felonious deaths were reported in three of the four U.S. regions and Puerto Rico.

44 officers were feloniously killed in the South.
13 died in the West.
12 were killed in the Midwest.
None died in the Northeast.
4 were killed in Puerto Rico.
Suspects

Law enforcement agencies identified 66 alleged assailants in connection with the felonious line-of-duty deaths.

20 had prior criminal arrests.
9 were under judicial supervision at the times of the incidents.
A .06% rate is reported so much and in such a biased way that there are actually people who think the real number is in the thousands annually.

A 1.03% rate barely gets any MSM coverage every and there is no narrative pushed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That being said, 11 free murders is shocking to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am A .06% rate is reported so much and in such a biased way that there are actually people who think the real number is in the thousands annually.

A 1.03% rate barely gets any MSM coverage every and there is no narrative pushed.
Wait, where are those rates from? Rates of what?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am That being said, 11 free murders is shocking to me.
How so?
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am Wait, where are those rates from? Rates of what?
Sorry. I did that and it's wrong. I did % of bppm vs cpm to be killed, but I goofed the cop's number. It should be .73%
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Because the idea that you can be summarily executed in the street by government employees, and they'll often get off with qualified immunity and "procedure was followed," is shocking to me.

Is it not to you?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am . I did that and it's wrong. I did % of bppm vs cpm to be killed, but I goofed the cop's number. It should be .73%
ah, gotcha.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm Because the idea that you can be summarily executed in the street by government employees, and they'll often get off with qualified immunity and "procedure was followed," is shocking to me.

Is it not to you?
Last time I checked there were three cops in jail for the death of George Floyd despite evidence that two of them were not directly responsible for his death and there were mixed opinions by experts that the actions of the third caused the death.

I'm pretty sure you're ok with Kyle Rittenhouse being found not guilty. How was his situation different from what a cop faces in their job?

You were a soldier and a politician could have ordered you to a foreign country to kill their citizens against their government's wishes, but that was ok?

As a homeowner you have the right to defend yourself, your loved ones, and your property will lethal force under certain conditions. How is that different from cops? Would you rather not have that right?

Ditto for your rights as a citizen just existing in these United States. If your life is threatened, you can use lethal force to defend yourself and others under certain conditions.

All of those examples are the government giving you qualified immunity as long as you followed the rules...

Cops have to go out every day and put themselves between you and danger, but they should not be allowed the same protections you have?

Like you, cops can only shoot in certain situations. Their life and/or the life of an innocent MUST be in immediate danger.

Unlike in movies/TV, after any shooting a cop is placed on immediate leave, has to turn in their badge/gun, and IA investigates. Body cams have been helping with these investigations and there are strict rules about cameras being disabled.

There are many cops who are now in prison for shooting someone when they should not have and it's been that way since forever.

In the entire world, there are 19 countries whose police officers are not "typically" armed, but they do still have guns, which means that under certain conditions they can kill citizens.

A country with no established police force? Somalia.

So no, I'm not shocked, because your statement is an oversimplification and not really true.

Am I concerned about those 11 (and the white/Hispanic/Asian ones nobody else gives a fuck about)? Yes...well, 4 of them. I think both of us would be lying if we said no man or men could kill us without a weapon. Point being, I'm not as concerned about the 7 unarmed who were being violent, ala Michael Brown. Incidentally, you know how many cops were killed by unarmed people in 2021? 4, which is a weird coincidence.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cops could do their jobs with head to toe kevlar, and tazers, and still do their jobs without killing anyone either by accident, or on purpose. The tech has existed for a long time, it's just costly, and human lives are cheaper. And maybe when they were less dangerous, the national mood would not be so against them and the rule of thumb would stop being "you only call a cop when you want someone on the scene with a license to kill, the ability to do it, and is deathly afraid for their life."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Setting aside that you ignored everything I pointed out about you having the same rights as police. So I can only assume you clearly want those rights, but don't want police to have them.
GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm Cops could do their jobs with head to toe kevlar, and tazers, and still do their jobs without killing anyone either by accident, or on purpose. The tech has existed for a long time, it's just costly, and human lives are cheaper.
Tazers are not guaranteed not to kill. Just like rubber bullets. Kevlar is useless against knives. How about we make some rules for society that people have to follow? That way cops won't need to carry guns because the criminals won't have them as it'd be against the rules?
GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm The tech has existed for a long time, it's just costly, and human lives are cheaper.
People will still bitch about it. As it turns out, a lot of people who run afoul of the law are the primary complainers about the police. Weird right?
GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm the national mood would not be so against them and the rule of thumb would stop being "you only call a cop when you want someone on the scene with a license to kill, the ability to do it, and is deathly afraid for their life."
Your statement, literally, proves the point of the graph I posted. What happens when the MSM fills you with lies and hyperbole? You get people who think hundreds, thousands, and tens of thousands of unarmed black people are murdered in cold blood every year by police.

0.000317759563% is the percentage of Americans killed by police annually. Not unarmed people, but the overwhelming majority being armed people actively putting lives in danger. And the percentage is if you believe the Statista numbers, which CBS says are overinflated. (In 2017, Statista says 981 people were killed by police. CBS says 616. I believe Statista includes Puerto Rico and possibly other U.S. territories.)

I would like to remind you that currently we are constantly told that white supremacy is the biggest danger facing the country and white on black racism/violence is out of control. Meanwhile, the actual facts show that black's kill a LOT more white people annually.

The MSM lies for profit and people believing it doesn't make your argument more valid than actual facts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Google isn't "MSM" per se, but this story belongs here.

Per a report, Google has interfered in elections 41x in the past 16 years.

Every time was for the Ds.

Interestingly, if you Google this story only links to "right leaning" and foreign outlets reported it (and some NBC station in Montana).
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Probably because of gerrymandering.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Citing AllSides and Dr. Robert Epstein, who conducted further research which discovered "Google’s search algorithm likely shifted at least 2.6 million votes to Hillary Clinton" in 2016 and that "Google’s results and get-out-the-vote reminders favored Democrats and shifted the 2020 election results by at least 6 million votes."
X - Doubt
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm with you doubting those numbers based just on Google, but everything is steered to Ds. Colleges, the MSM, Hollywood, and Big Tech all heavily push D policies and propaganda.

All together those influences can absolutely decide an election.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well they cited the reference.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Back in NC and Atlanta I was a die hard NPR guy. Any car ride I was listening.

But my lord, the NPR that comes out of Berkeley is UNBEARABLE, just awful. If you aren't getting the national shows like WWDTM, The World, etc. it is like nails on a chalk board. Every awful stereotype you ever heard, every person you really don't want to hear from. Fuck.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:12 pm that comes out of Berkley
I think we all know what that must sound like. So extreme they're not even on the spectrum.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

NY Post getting dragged and ratioed to hell for picking on 94 year old Gene Hackman's clothes. He's also one of the greatest actors ever and I don't remember any scandals involving him. Let him enjoy retirement. Praise him for being that old and independent. Plus, they got community noted as they got their facts wrong.