The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

And all but impossible to enforce, and if challenged is probably unconstitional.

"Vote for me."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

It's definitely a "vote for me", but I do think it's enforceable. You can't get shit by people anymore. Everything is documented.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

So, like, will there be a new government Department of Portions, keeping an eye on shit?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Don't need it. The public already does it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

I like the idea, but honestly, I don’t support more red tape on companies.

I would just like them to be SHAMED for it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:39 pm I would just like them to be SHAMED for it.
Tar and feather their C Suite? I'm down.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 pm Everything is documented.
Except the immigrants!@!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Fetterman is pro-Israel, anti-illegal immigrant, and has stated many times that he isn't a progressive.

He also wears shorts and a hoodie on a national TV show.

Why isn't he the D nominee for president? I'll bet he'd win in a landslide.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

If he won't Play Ball, the Democrat Party don't have much use for him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

At least replace Kamala with him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:00 pm
At least replace Kamala with him.
Right? It's honestly mind boggling why they don't dump her. She's an albatross at this point.

Although, I could see the argument that they'd have to replace her with another woman. Not sure the Ds have a strong female that would work. She'd have to be black too. You can't replace a black woman with a white man.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:25 pm You can't replace a black woman with a white man.
They sure wrote themselves into a corner with that one.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I thought it was made of cheese?
Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

Liberal Arts majors be like:
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Truly a towering intellect.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

You can call my statement hyperbole, but I genuinely think this is Maher's most important message to the left.

Love the concept of "zombie lies" and it's very appropriate, particularly when discussing Canadian health care. Love the honesty about immigration and race. I like how he ties it to explain Trump's popularity (he's not wrong). Love the update on the crazy titted trans fake, who is exhibit A that it's super easy to game the system if you claim to be trans. And I've got to ask about the brake/gas statement. I've been using that since the early 90s. Did I hear that somewhere or did someone steal it from me? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Ds will likely end the Mayorkas impeachment one way or another this week.
Mayorkas is the first Cabinet secretary to be impeached in almost 150 years. House Republicans voted to impeach Mayorkas in February over his handling of the southern border by a narrow margin after failing to do so on their first try.

Democrats have slammed the impeachment as a political stunt, saying that Republicans had no valid basis for the move and that policy disagreements are not a justification for the rarely used constitutional impeachment of a Cabinet official.
Emphasis mine. "Policy disagreements"? Around 10M people illegally in the country and being given more benefits than American citizens isn't a policy disagreement.

To be fair to Mayorkas, he's not actually responsible for what's happening.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Many people point it out in the comments, but yes, this is fear mongering.

Also, op says Gavin Newsome because the "Campaign for Democracy" is apparently his baby.