Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:18 am The show House Hunters doesn't help, with their 26 year old couples, "He collects baseball cards, she sharpens colored pencils, their budget is $800k."

Gives a skewed perception of reality.
I need the backstory "Oh, and her grandad founded the largest bank in the state"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:44 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:35 am It was, of all people, Louis CK.
OK, so yeah, not exactly a reliable source of financial information.
Not even remotely. He was quoting someone but I don't remember who.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

In mid-2022, JPMorgan Chief Executive Jamie Dimon warned that a “hurricane” was about to hit the U.S. economy.

It could be “a minor one or superstorm Sandy,” Dimon said at a financial conference in New York. “You’d better brace yourself.”

Last year, Bridgewater Associates founder Ray Dalio predicted a “debt crisis” after earlier anticipating a “perfect storm” of economic pain.

High-profile investors and economists including DoubleLine’s Jeffrey Gundlach and Rosenberg Research’s David Rosenberg were just as fearful, with Gundlach last March saying a recession would come “in a few months.” Early last year, economists predicted a 61% chance of recession in 2023.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Entitled comes to my mind.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Where are those historical numbers coming from? I've seen old pictures with hamburger costing 10 cents per pound.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 pm Where are those historical numbers coming from? I've seen old pictures with hamburger costing 10 cents per pound.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

It's already a given that huge wealth disparity is a thing. Are those average/mean/median/per capita numbers, or what? If the numbers don't apply to >50% of people, I submit they're not good for an argument.

Not saying they don't, the numbers just feel dubious.

Plus, the chart included housing and clothes, not just food.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 am Plus, the chart included housing and clothes, not just food.
it literally says food right there. Food as a fraction of disposable income.

We were talking about food 5 posts ago. Just food.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

When I was a little girl, soda pop only cost a nickel.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Speaking of food prices, the McDonald's app takes like 25% off every time. Either through free items, or bulk discounts, or whatnot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Government site says that graph is wrong.

I question both because I'm thinking they don't take a LOT of variables into account.

For example: Tipping, all transportation costs, health insurance costs which are 100% affected by our poison food habits as a society, social welfare which reduces food costs for many families, and so on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Feds to do fewer rate cuts this year.

CNN almost gets "the Wall St effect".
argued that the largest US firms have also reinforced gender and racial inequality in the workplace by prioritizing buybacks and dividend boosts over their own employees’ well-being.
*sigh*

It's happening to men and white people too you bigoted, divisive assholes. You're either in the C suite or you're not. Doesn't matter what you have between your legs, what your skin color is, or who you fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:13 am Feds to do fewer rate cuts this year.

CNN almost gets "the Wall St effect".
argued that the largest US firms have also reinforced gender and racial inequality in the workplace by prioritizing buybacks and dividend boosts over their own employees’ well-being.
*sigh*

It's happening to men and white people too you bigoted, divisive assholes. You're either in the C suite or you're not. Doesn't matter what you have between your legs, what your skin color is, or who you fuck.
yeah, but most the c suite and high net worth people are white and male is their point. So it's beyond just the c suite
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 am Boston Market is almost gone.
good. There's somewhere I never understood
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am yeah, but most the c suite and high net worth people are white and male is their point. So it's beyond just the c suite
*most* being the keyword that negates the point, especially since every person of color and vag owner that comes into the club plays the same game. Point being race and sex have nothing to do with it. Constantly saying it does helps no one and just creates more problems.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am yeah, but most the c suite and high net worth people are white and male is their point. So it's beyond just the c suite
*most* being the keyword that negates the point, especially since every person of color and vag owner that comes into the club plays the same game. Point being race and sex have nothing to do with it. Constantly saying it does helps no one and just creates more problems.
Cept they weren’t invited to the game for hundreds of years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:58 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 pm
Cept they weren’t invited to the game for hundreds of years.
Tough shit. We're of the race and sex that's supposedly privileged and I don't see any invites for us. (Well...YOU might have an invite, but the rest of us don't. :D )

Those greedy assholes didn't create a system to fuck over minorities. Those greedy assholes created a system to fuck over everyone not them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

There have been various levels of sexual and racial freedoms guaranteed for about 150 years, but the Civil Rights Act happened three generations ago. Most people, not even white people, are handing down generational wealth. It's time for peeps to stop blaming me and my kid for the actions of people who are so far gone our grandparents don't even remember them. Their life failures are their own..

You're even required by law to go to school, no matter your race or sex. Some peeps might be mean to you along the way, but that applies to white people, too.