Beyond All Reason

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Not sure I'll be available tonight.

I have to upgrade a couple of servers this evening and I'm currently on the work VPN. I cannot get off of it until I'm done.

I don't know when I'll be, so I'm not making any commitment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm Not sure I'll be available tonight.
This is unacceptable. What were you thinking scheduling this for tonight?
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Could play. Waiting to hear back about a bid out on a new house so feeling nervous tonight. Destroying robots could help.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm Not sure I'll be available tonight.
This is unacceptable. What were you thinking scheduling this for tonight?
Absolutely my fault, but I had no other option.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Adding some info and how-to to this thread.

To get the labeled build menu - turn the Hotkey layout Keybind Preset to "Grid Optimized":

A ton of good advice in a small package - I had to pause a bunch and try things:

Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

Was on the winning side of my first public 8x8 game. And I got mentioned on the awards! For being bad.

Also the guy in blue on our side got fed in resources by other back line players early and snowballed into a ridiculous monster by 20m in.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

I dunno. Nothing wrong with being a meat shield that leads to a victory. I'd say in many of our games, one of us is playing that role.
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Agree.

Also, I'm in this Friday.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

In too.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

In.

For future reference, assume I'm in. If I'm not saying 'In', it's because I didn't have a chance to log in and say 'In'. But I'm in. If I'm NOT in, I will make sure to login and say 'out'. But to be clear, I'm in.
Stranger

Beyond All Reason

Post by Stranger »

wife and i are hanging out right now. hope to be on a little later, no promises tho.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

So I started clicking a bit last night. I'm still weak early game getting units out, but at least my economy wasn't halted.

The scavenger and raptor games were brutal. How long do we last when we add Stranger too? Same length? Another round?

What rules do those entities live by? Does it help when we take their resources or is that doing nothing? Point being, should we be playing offensively or defensively?
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

One of them said something about "kill the boss". The other had a queen hatch timer. It implies you can win?
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

I was impressed at the amount of large and experimental units on both sides of the custom AIs.
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. That's a whole 'nother faction that I want to be able to play!
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

I'm pretty sure I'm in for Friday.

If Stranger joins us, let's try those crazy AIs again.

If he's not there, let's try a new mix of AI. I think we steamroll the three mediums pretty easily.

I wonder what a hard turtle AI would do? Would two medium attackers and a hard turtler be more difficult? Would the turtler start building long range weapons and nukes?

Do we do two easy and 1 hard attackers? 2 medium and 1 hard?
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

I'm onsite this week :(
Leisher
Site Admin

Beyond All Reason

Post by Leisher »

Shit. I don't think we can win any games without you.

Forest? Payday? Cancel?
Cakedaddy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:52 pm I'm onsite this week :(
They don't have Internet where you are? I'm not sure I'm buying this excuse.
Troy

Beyond All Reason

Post by Troy »

No gaming laptop. 12-14 hour days. No bueno.