Google/Alphabet

Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

I guess they should call it Artificial "Intelligence."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

People want Google to deliver fact.

Google eschews that in order to deliver truth.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

Calling it "truth" gives it too much credibility.

Call it "a truth", "their truth", "woke truth", etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

I meant that in a general sense, since one truth doesn't fit all, which makes it a worthless thing to deliver at best, and insidiously manipulative at worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

"Get woke, go broke"

Gemini costs Google $90B and counting.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

I think the memes after have been more damning.

It's one thing to not teach a computer "only white people were nazis, black people never were."

But that stuff about men vs. women domestic abuse, and "it's not morally right to sell goldfish" and crap..... that's pure "garbage in/garbage out." They've got stupid, woke, well-intentioned garbage people programming it, and now they have a garbage program.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

How much money is it going to cost to fix their mess?

Don't forget, if you ask google if a man can get pregnant, Google says yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm But that stuff about men vs. women domestic abuse, and "it's not morally right to sell goldfish" and crap..... that's pure "garbage in/garbage out." They've got stupid, woke, well-intentioned garbage people programming it, and now they have a garbage program.
amen
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

"That's not even the Google guy."

TheCatt
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

I guess Alphabet isn't a fan of unions.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

Ha! Google changed the definition of "bloodbath" so it better fit that dumb thing they were saying about Trump.

I said it at least three times now.... "they" can scrub the internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

Google sucks and you should no longer be using it.

WSJ piece on how Google alters your search results.

They're basically interfering with elections.

The very, very woke people at Google are destroying their reputation by altering search results to hide negative news about lefties, while pushing negative news on the right, even when proven to be factually incorrect. This is on top of horseshit like Gordo's example, saying men can get pregnant, and so on.

Literally my signature below.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

Considering charging for AI searches.

This is going to happen. Soon we'll be paying for every click of the mouse.

Let's go back to encyclopedias.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

"Hold on, I'll see what google wants me to know about this subject."
GORDON
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by GORDON »

Just got this email.

I overlooked the plan because I thought it was for my new phone. But my new phone had device protection as part of another plan, and wasn't listed.

Good move by google.
We're reaching out regarding your device protection coverage for the Pixel 4a you traded in.

Our records indicate you traded in the device, but its device protection coverage is still active. To ensure you're not charged for coverage you aren’t using, we will cancel your plan on your behalf.

What happens next?

Cancellation: Your device protection coverage for your traded-in device will be canceled shortly.

Refund: You’ll be refunded $241.73 for the coverage you were charged for after the date you traded in your device. The prorated refund amount includes any unused portion of your coverage including the device protection monthly fee, applicable tax, and interest. The refund will be reflected in your bank statement within 14 days of the coverage cancellation.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm Good move by google.
Wow, a rare good by by... any company.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm Good move by google.
Wow, a rare good by by... any company.
Right? I'm actually impressed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google/Alphabet

Post by Leisher »