Intelligence Quotient

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting article on IQ. Long read if you go through the whole thing

This is a response to something written by Nassim Taleb (Black Swan dude)here:

Honestly, the most interesting (new/novel) part to me was this

I never would have considered that. We don't need old/young people off the roads, we need dumb ones off the road.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by Leisher »

I haven't read any of it yet, but I'm wondering if Taleb or people close to him are low IQ. Thus, he is attacking the entire science. As your link points out, there's a boatload of evidence proving his argument wrong.

As for driving, holy shit. I never thought about that either. Can we tell half of the world that they're too stupid to drive?

And I'd still be in favor of additional testing when one ages. I don't mind them driving slowly (although statistically slow driving causes more accidents than speeding), but the panic and confusion during decision making that is common among the elderly kills people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:24 am I don't mind them driving slowly (although statistically slow driving causes more accidents than speeding), but the panic and confusion during decision making that is common among the elderly kills people.
Yeah. Driving with my 80+ parents was eye-opening. They just didn't see all the things I saw. Kept warning me about cars coming and such. "Yeah, I saw that 10 seconds ago" And my mom, rest her soul, was even in very good health at the time. My dad's mental faculties have deteriorated.
GORDON
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by GORDON »

A few years ago Mom flew us all down to the Keys for a vacation. She let her husband drive the rental car, even though I knew the area and didn't even need to follow GPS, like he did. They listened to nothing I had to say, about when lanes were ending, or better routes. I was white-knuckling it most of the time her 75yo husband was driving me and my son.

I told her privately after the trip that me or my kid would ever be in a car with him as he drove, again. I don't think she appreciated it, but she didn't argue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by TheCatt »

Low cognition predicts unrealistic optimism. High cognition predicts realism and pessimism
I mean, duh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by Leisher »

My IQ is why I’m so pessimistic about my teams? That actually tracks. ☹️
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of The Lake being a show and movie in 2022, your moms were both over that year and caused a lake in my bedroom. The army corps of engineers had to come over and fill sandbags to keep it contained.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:08 pm Speaking of The Lake being a show and movie in 2022, your moms were both over that year and caused a lake in my bedroom. The army corps of engineers had to come over and fill sandbags to keep it contained.
I didn't know you were into necrophilia.
GORDON
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by GORDON »

Must be why she didn't move around much.
Leisher
Site Admin

Intelligence Quotient

Post by Leisher »

First of all, they clearly state it's for flaccid penises. I have never hid the fact that I'm a grower not a shower. In fact, I think Catt has also admitted it. Because I had previously posted a study showing that growers actually have larger erect penises than showers. So double bad news for Gordo.

The good news for Gordon is that the world is full of morons and for them "perception is reality".

Ok, hahas aside, doesn't this study simply confirm other, less politically correct, studies?