Airlines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by GORDON »

TFA said half to government, other half already paid to the people.

Isn't the rule that departing from the jetway on time = on time flight, even if they sit on tarmac for 3 hours? They get to report on-time stats to the government?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm Isn't the rule that departing from the jetway on time = on time flight, even if they sit on tarmac for 3 hours? They get to report on-time stats to the government?
That does ring a bell, but I'm not 100% certain it's accurate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

Southwest wants you to die of heart disease.

Seriously, fuck Southwest, fuck this policy, and fuck selfish people with no self control. (If you're overweight, read that carefully, I did not necessarily say fuck you.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm Southwest wants you to die of heart disease.

Seriously, fuck Southwest, fuck this policy, and fuck selfish people with no self control. (If you're overweight, read that carefully, I did not necessarily say fuck you.)
I'm not plus-sized, but I may identify as plus-sized for now on.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:36 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm Southwest wants you to die of heart disease.

I'm not plus-sized, but I may identify as plus-sized for now on.
I dare them to challenge you on it. And triple dog dare you to go public with it when they do...
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

American raises baggage costs by 33%.

Other airlines will probably follow their lead.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by GORDON »

"LOL, what are these sheep going to do, stop flying?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Checking bags is for morons. Unless you have no choice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 am Checking bags is for morons. Unless you have no choice.
I check bags because it's paid for and I don't want to haul my luggage around the airport.

I also am usually on the plane towards the last of the passengers, so overhead space is gone. "Complimentary" putting of baggage under the plane is going to be going away. Want that overhead space? Either upgrade your ticket to get on earlier or pay for the space. It's coming. I think Spirit has already made moves in this direction.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by GORDON »

I said it at least a decade ago. The C-suite laughs about it at their cocktail/hooker parties, about how much shit they can shovel on the flying public, who keeps eating it and asking for more giving them higher profits.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Enjoy losing your bag, sucker! Or, waiting at the carousel for the world's slowest workers. Loss/delayed rate appears to be 0.7%

I'm usually one of the first people on the plane so bin space isn't an issue.

I pretty much never check if I can avoid it. Some gear can't store well, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:03 am I said it at least a decade ago. The C-suite laughs about it at their cocktail/hooker parties, about how much shit they can shovel on the flying public, who keeps eating it and asking for more giving them higher profits.
It's Wall St.

Cut every corner. Eliminate every possible job. Reduce customer service to the lowest possible level. Make customers do as much of the work as we can get away with. Fuck the future.

Just make us in the here and now as much money as possible.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 am Enjoy losing your bag, sucker! Or, waiting at the carousel for the world's slowest workers. Loss/delayed rate appears to be 0.7%
I can live with those odds.

Also, I have been shocked by how fast the baggage folks are getting. Detroit used to suck, but my baggage has been beating me to the claim area lately. Vegas and Charlotte both usually involve a 1-5 minute wait if I don't stop to piss or grab a tea or something.

Honestly, a carry on for Vegas is not even feasible. My wife's stuff is a whole other suitcase, and then all the stuff I bring home usually fills mine to the top.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:17 am Also, I have been shocked by how fast the baggage folks are getting.
Admittedly, if you're last on the plane, you're probably nearly last off too, so they have more time to get your bag.
Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:17 am My wife's stuff is a whole other suitcase
sex toys? RealDoll-Male? Or does he get his own ticket?

My wife + I carried on for our last trip to Vegas (4 nights), and were just fine. Admittedly, we didn't bring home souvenirs or anything. Beyond 4 nights, carry-ons might be hard. Our bags were pretty stuffed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by GORDON »

Three days, I can fit everything in a hiking pack. A hiking/dive trip/whatever requires more gear and a suitcase.

"LOL... hey you guys.... I bet a million dollars and a BJ from my mistress I can shrink the legroom by another inch, and our profits will still go up 12% this year."
Leisher
Site Admin

Airlines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am sex toys? RealDoll-Male? Or does he get his own ticket?
I laugh a lot at this. Someday I will tell you why.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:26 am My wife + I carried on for our last trip to Vegas (4 nights), and were just fine. Admittedly, we didn't bring home souvenirs or anything. Beyond 4 nights, carry-ons might be hard. Our bags were pretty stuffed.
I rarely ever travel for less than a week, so it makes a carry on a bit more difficult.

I have done carry-ons for shorter stays though.
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:52 am "LOL... hey you guys.... I bet a million dollars and a BJ from my mistress I can shrink the legroom by another inch, and our profits will still go up 12% this year."
It's really not difficult to treat your employees and customers well, while still getting filthy rich.

That's why when violent people start realizing taking it out on low paid employees makes no sense, and it's easy to find the homes and workplaces of these corporate fat cats...I'm going to enjoy the show.