NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:32 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:06 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:47 am I was thinking last night (sorry Catt) that if genders don't matter, then OSU is #2 and UNC #7. :D
I was thinking last night that we need a new coach. Which is the same thing I thought last year. And for most of the year before that, too.
Chris Holtman should be available after this season.
When I wrote that I swear I did not know this was coming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:58 pm When I wrote that I swear I did not know this was coming.
Not a big shock considering the past couple of years.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I figured it'd be after the season.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:31 pm I figured it'd be after the season.
True. Maybe they have an assistant they want to try out?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm
They should let AI coach the rest of the season just for the headlines.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:37 pm
They should let AI coach the rest of the season just for the headlines.
https://i.gifer.com/RSg.mp4
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I think that's my all time favorite gif.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:46 pm I think that's my all time favorite gif.
I love the middle where his eyebrows go up, like somehow he got new information, and then he's just like "Well, yeah, ok..."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe college football players don't need to get paid.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:56 am Caitlin Clark is awesome.
Michigan gets to be part of sports history that won't be rewritten!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:10 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:56 am Caitlin Clark is awesome.
Michigan gets to be part of sports history that won't be rewritten!
Ha!

BTW, speaking of the cheaters... They've had people leaving their football program lately, including a DB who would have been a starter. A LB just transferred to OSU to be a walk-on. They also thought they had a new defensive coach coming from the Texans, but he backed out.

Those NCAA sanctions loom large.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 pm Those NCAA sanctions loom large.
I just hope they hit large.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 pm including a DB who would have been a starter
The article I read said he was behind two others. And the LB was pretty deep too.

The articles I'm exposed to are from the home page of microsoft edge. So I don't know which way they lean, etc. I don't have a 'favorite' source. I just see a Michigan headline, and I click it. I couldn't even tell you the sources. I just read the headline, and about 1/3 of the actual article of most of the ones I click on.

I figured the Texans countered hard enough for him to stay, but of course there are also the looming penalties. I'm honestly surprised we are able to hire anyone given the circumstances. Considering we 'seem' (because I really have no idea who's good or not because this is the most attention I've ever paid to any of this stuff) to be landing some decent coaching talent, I'm starting to wonder if things will be that bad. I figure someone from the NCAA would be like "Ya, maybe you don't want to do this. . .". I'm sure politics run deep and people know people that know things and word would travel.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher, where is Michigan here: https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... -takeaways out of curiosity?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:28 pm The articles I'm exposed to are from the home page of microsoft edge.
Most everything on MS Edge's home page is clickbait related to your interests. I won't even click OSU stories there anymore.

Per the TCUN insiders I follow, and who are pretty accurate (and who shit all over most of the blatant lying done when the scandal broke) said he was starting. James Yoder said this was the first transfer that actually surprised him.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:28 pm I'm honestly surprised we are able to hire anyone given the circumstances. Considering we 'seem' (because I really have no idea who's good or not because this is the most attention I've ever paid to any of this stuff) to be landing some decent coaching talent, I'm starting to wonder if things will be that bad.
People want jobs, and ultimately, there's job security in going to a program facing sanctions. Think about it. You aren't going to get into trouble, the program is and the former players/coaches. Sure, it'll suck to have reduced scholarships and bowl bans, but you've got a built in excuse for losing. Meanwhile, if you have success, you're praised as brilliant to do so much with so little. It's win-win.

Don't be too in love with who you have gotten. Wink was jettisoned from Baltimore and again from the Giants. I believe in as many years? He's a good coach, but there are apparently off field issues with him. Did he bring his crew with him? I figure he's a one and done if he can get back to the NFL. He's been in the NFL so long I cannot imagine he's going to be able to recruit well.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm Leisher, where is Michigan here: https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... -takeaways out of curiosity?
5th.

Bill Connelly has recency bias. They lost most of their coaching staff, they lose well over a dozen starters and at most key positions, their recruiting has been mostly outside of the top 10 classes, they're facing sanctions, and they have one of the hardest schedules in the country next year.

When I saw that ranking I immediately went to Fanduel and DraftKings to see if I could make a futures wager because that is as overvalued as it gets. I couldn't though as Vegas' stuff isn't out yet. I promise you that they won't have them anywhere near the top 5.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:14 pm People want jobs, and ultimately, there's job security in going to a program facing sanctions. Think about it. You aren't going to get into trouble, the program is and the former players/coaches. Sure, it'll suck to have reduced scholarships and bowl bans, but you've got a built in excuse for losing. Meanwhile, if you have success, you're praised as brilliant to do so much with so little. It's win-win.
With a big fat guaranteed salary, too.
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:14 pm5th.
That feels overly high after losing so much staff and half their starters.
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:14 pm When I saw that ranking I immediately went to Fanduel and DraftKings to see if I could make a futures wager because that is as overvalued as it gets. I couldn't though as Vegas' stuff isn't out yet. I promise you that they won't have them anywhere near the top 5.
Yeah.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ohio-state
Time to hire that assistant! :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I watched the game. They need to win probably 5 of 6 and not be a one and done in the B1G tourney and they have a shot at the dance.

If he gets that done, yes, it's time to hire him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »