Negativity

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by GORDON »

Does internet negativity seem to be spiking?

I feel like I'm going to need to take a break soon. Last night my GF was like, "We should go to this place, it sounds cool!". And I said, "It sounds like sooooo many people will be there. Everything bad that ever happens is because of being around other people."

Every forum with lots of people.... It's just so nasty, and everyone seems to be selling something. Every single one.

Probably just me.

I need a break.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by TheCatt »

The finance forums on Reddit are nice
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by GORDON »

I deleted my reddit and fark apps today. Take a week off. See how I feel.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 pm I deleted my reddit and fark apps today. Take a week off. See how I feel.
I have a feeling negative people congregate to those types of platforms. Happy people get out of their basement.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:56 am The finance forums on Reddit are nice
I mainly stick to boobs and tech.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by GORDON »

Got through the weekend without peeking. It's like breaking an addiction, I feel like I should be dicking around on reddit, instead of doing something productive.

As for my mood...... better? A little less anxiety for certain, I would say. I'm not actively explaining to anyone in detail why they're wrong, citing my references, getting into fights.
GORDON
Site Admin

Negativity

Post by GORDON »

I'm still off the social media, and it's been fine. I've probably not participated in several arguments at this point. Haven't opened Reddit or fark since that day.

I scan the news conglomerater sites ones or twice a day, though, and that's a new habit. One thing I've noticed ... There are two types of articles that always have comments turned off:

Transexuals in sports
Immigrants flooding the borders.

Everything else allows comment, but those two things, almost always slanted as "for them," doesn't allow the overwhelming public opinion of "stop this shit" to overshadow The Message.

The other day there was an article about female transexual athletes spiking the ball so hard they were hospitalizing the females on the other team. I can see how that wouldn't be comment-worthy. "They didn't even rotate out, the entire game."