Arc Search

Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

AI builds a news page for you.

So this will apparently be built into the Arc browser, which I guess is cool? I did read that it archives all your tabs nightly so you can start new the next day. I like that a lot.

You can sign up for the "waitlist" for the Windows version here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 pm So this will apparently be built into the Arc browser, which I guess is cool? I did read that it archives all your tabs nightly so you can start new the next day. I like that a lot.
If I'm understanding you.....

At the end of the day, shut down your PC with your browser/tabs still open.

The next day, start the PC. Open browser. Right click on browser header bar, "Reopen closed window."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

Well, the first part of the quoted statement is about AI building a news page for you.

The second part, go and read about it. I don't work for The Good Browser Company, I'm just reporting what they said.

However, one thing the "Reopen closed window" doesn't do is open all 40 tabs one had open. You have to "crash" your browser for that. Additionally, say you're trying to get to that 40th tab, but had 60 other sites you visited and closed aside from the 40 you have open. That's a lot of clicking "Reopen closed window".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by GORDON »

I do it every day on chrome. Reopens all 49 tabs. Edge seems a little better as the one time I did it, it reopened multiple windows with tabs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

Where do you want your cape mailed? :D

Go read the site and tell us what's different.
GORDON
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by GORDON »

No.

I was just trying to help you out and let you know you can reopen every tab, from whatever browser window was last closed.

Believe me or don't, i care not. Personally I hope you don't and continue to not use this functionality because I'm a supervillain.
Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:16 pm Personally I hope you don't and continue to not use this functionality because I'm a supervillain.
I think you mean superdork.
GORDON
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by GORDON »

If I had a genie and it offered me a single time travel trip, I wouldnt go back to win the lottery. I would go back one day and stop myself from trying to give you a good browser tip.
Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

I hope that you eat a salad in the near future with spinach in it. I hope some of that spinach gets stuck right in the gap between your two front teeth. Then you encounter and talk to three different people before someone finally points it out.
GORDON
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by GORDON »

Well you don't have to get nasty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Arc Search

Post by Leisher »

If it makes you feel better, I packed a lunch today and it is indeed a spinach salad. I am 100% certain that if I don't check my teeth after I am going to live out my own curse.