The Gentlemen (Netflix)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by Leisher »

Looks promising.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by TheCatt »

Did you see the 2019 movie? I did not.

Feels like that "dad" scene was supposed to be a reveal of some kind, meant nothing to me.

But I'm in.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:38 am Did you see the 2019 movie? I did not.

Feels like that "dad" scene was supposed to be a reveal of some kind, meant nothing to me.

But I'm in.
Same to every sentence.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by GORDON »

Was I supposed to get a "these rich gentry actually do fight clubs and shit" vibe?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:59 am Was I supposed to get a "these rich gentry actually do fight clubs and shit" vibe?
Yes, I think, but more like crime.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by Leisher »

I just hope he gets back to his "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" style. Once he hooked up with Madonna, his work went downhill.
thibodeaux

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Post by thibodeaux »

Big fan of the Jason Statham movies myself