The Weather Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Weather Thread

Post by Leisher »

Seems logical we should have this rather than several threads.

It's cold out. We have no working water at the office. Yes, I'm working. Our board is a bunch of old white people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Weather Thread

Post by GORDON »

My chickens won't leave the hen house when it's this cold.

Their water heater, to make sure it's always liquid, is out in the chicken run.

So on days like this, I need to go out three times a day to swap out liquid water for frozen, in their hen house.

Farmer problems.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Weather Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:44 am Yes, I'm working. Our board is a bunch of old white people.
I'm working too, but we don't do any of the minor holidays. But it's a light day (my boss is out because kids aren't in school). I ran my morning team meeting, then rode my bike for an hour and canceled my afternoon meting.

I had the top down on my convertible yesterday. Ohio sucks.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Weather Thread

Post by GORDON »

This is the coldest period in the past few years. But I think the winter will still be mild overall, like last year

I kinda dig global warming. If I can't afford to move to the tropics, they can come to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Weather Thread

Post by Leisher »

Pipes are frozen in the office so the kitchen and bathrooms up front are broken.

We're down to a single shitter for each sex and the kitchenette in the middle of the building.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”