NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:59 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:54 pm That sounds ominous.
Stay tuned.
same bat channel? same bat time?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:10 pm Jags fire coaches, but not Peterson.
The Jaguars lost five of their final six games and gave up an average of 29.2 points and 146.8 yards per game in the five losses.
I could be wrong, but most teams would LOVE to only give up 146.8 yards per game. Must have left out the word "rushing" there. Or, transposed the 4 and the 1.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

I'm honestly rooting for a Steelers win this weekend. If they and the Dolphins win, Cleveland would host Miami for a playoff game.

Of course, this is all dependent on the Browns winning. Texans are definitely a dangerous team and the team we least wanted to play of the Jags, Colts, Texans trio.

Gotta believe Jim Shwartz and the Browns defense will make life a living hell for a rookie QB. They like to drop back deep and throw deep. Something Myles and the boys have feasted on this year. The successful QB's have all gotten rid of the ball fast.

Loving another year of playoff hopes, us Browns fans wait for years for weeks like this.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Good luck to you and your Browns. I think Flacco is due for a bad game, but that defense is good enough to overcome it.
Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:39 am I'm honestly rooting for a Steelers win this weekend.
I will be too, but fully expect another patented Tomlin first round exit and blowout. TJ Watt being out isn't going to help matters.

Saw an interesting rumor reported by an official Steelers site. It said that there is a growing belief that Tomlin might walk from the Steelers, take a year off, and do the Sean Payton thing. It honestly makes all the sense in the world. Even Tomlin has to laugh at the luck he's had to keep having winning seasons. He can leave Pittsburgh before that ends and then shop for a perfect situation or a massive contract that he would never get in Pittsburgh.

It'd honestly be the perfect move. It wouldn't even matter if he was successful or not. He also has a guaranteed studio job waiting for him.

He's got a ring, a legacy, can get paid, and then stay relevant without having the grind.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TJ Watt is out?? That's not good, that would be a terrible loss for Pitt.

Now that Vrable is out in Tennessee (Please Buckeyes.. Ryan Day gotta go) then i guess anything can happen. Tomlin? maybe? i think next year is the last of his contract, right?

I honestly could see Pitt pulling some massive trade off in the offseason. Like trading for Fields or some shit. I personally don't see Tomlin being done; he just needs a QB. Something i hope doesn't happen.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:00 pm TJ Watt is out?? That's not good, that would be a terrible loss for Pitt.
Yeah, that's their best player.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:00 pm Now that Vrable is out in Tennessee (Please Buckeyes.. Ryan Day gotta go) then i guess anything can happen.
Day is getting another year for certain and I don't know why the fanbase is so against him. Ok, I do, but I think it's unfair.

Harbaugh was, literally, cheating since 2020. He knew all of the plays Day was calling. Even this last year, as Catt points out, he was still benefitting from years of cheating. Cheating not just on the field, but in recruiting too. Plus, he was stuck with Kyle McCord and got that selfish, stare-down-your-first-read clown to 11-1.

That being said, the bowl game was a travesty and with recency bias being what it is, I get the anger.

Anyway, Vrable is heading to NE.
Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:00 pm Tomlin? maybe? i think next year is the last of his contract, right?
It is, but that's why now is that time to go. Being still under contract, it'd be his "thank you" to the Steelers if someone tried to sign him. There are people wondering if Washington might be willing to trade for him. Catt, if you're reading this, there is NOTHING I want more than for that to happen. Everything you have thrown at me over him will be coming back your way. :D
Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:00 pm Like trading for Fields or some shit.
Interesting that you say that because I've heard that is being discussed in Pittsburgh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:50 pm Now that Vrable is out in Tennessee
Oh wow,, missed that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:43 am Rumors of the NFL's demise were greatly exaggerated.
Saw something earlier today that 20 of the top 20 broadcast ratings were NFL games in 2023. Out of the top 100, it was like 93, or such. With the Thanksgiving parade, a "political event" (state of the union? i have no idea), 3 college football games, and something else. Probably the Oscars.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:54 am Probably the Oscars.
That would surprise me. I don't think the Oscars does the viewership it used to, but it is the premiere awards show...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Carroll out of Seattle.

Nobody saw this one coming.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Browns' Ward gets hurt in practive.

He'll probably play, but not an area you want to lose a guy against Stroud.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Pats go with Jerod Mayo.
Mayo, 37, will be formally introduced at a news conference next week. He will be the youngest coach in the NFL, taking over a title that Sean McVay held since being named Los Angeles Rams coach in 2017; Mayo is a month younger than McVay.

A linebacker for the Patriots from 2008 to 2015 after being selected in the first round of the draft out of Tennessee, Mayo joined Belichick's coaching staff in 2019, serving as linebackers coach.

The Patriots were able to forgo the standard NFL hiring process and immediately hire Mayo because they established a succession plan in the contract extension he signed last offseason, similar to what the Baltimore Ravens did with their general manager position when Eric DeCosta succeeded Ozzie Newsome in 2019.
So... we should have already known this? Or were contract details not public?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Commanders get a GM who is quite used to taking things from Washington.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:57 am Pats go with Jerod Mayo.
Place your bets. I'll guess he's out after year 3.

Also, this is interesting as an OSU fan. Vrabel was heavily talked about for NE, but there have also been "Day out, Vrabel in" rumors. I think all the pressure is on Day to perform this year or he's out. That means an undefeated regular season and a good showing in the playoffs.

That's a good hire for the Commies. Three questions for them now:
1. Who will be the HC? Vrabel, Booger Eating Cheater, and Belichick are available. Do you trade for Tomlin? Or do you go with some younger OC talent like Ben Johnson?
2. What are you doing at QB? Howell, the draft, or a FA? Trubisky will be available!
3. When does Smith pull the trigger on a name change?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:34 pm Place your bets. I'll guess he's out after year 3.
!RemindMe 1/12/2027 - I'll take the over.
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:34 pm 2. What are you doing at QB? Howell, the draft, or a FA? Trubisky will be available!
OMG OMG OMG - We draft Howell, pick up Trubisky, retain Howell! AN ALL UNC QB ROOM! Man, I wish that meant better than it does.
. Who will be the HC? Vrabel, Booger Eating Cheater, and Belichick are available. Do you trade for Tomlin? Or do you go with some younger OC talent like Ben Johnson?
Go for an OC/DC. No oldies, no retreads. Vrabel is the only tempting name in that list.