NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Go Elves! Browns!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:56 am Go Elves! Browns!
Gotta say, if Flacco keeps playing the way he is then the Browns have a REAL chance. He's braking franchise and NFL records in 1 month of play. Already has more yards than Manziel had in his whole career here and more TD's than Kenny Pickett has in his whole career. In one month!

I expect them to rest all relevant starters next week. This team has sooo many injuries, hell even our kicker and punter are hurt. Unbelievable that they have been able to overcome so much.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It's a nice run, but keep your expectations in check.

A win over the sub-.500 in the U.S. Jags, a sort of fluke win over the Bears, beating the Texans minus CJ and Dell, and then beating one of the worst teams in the league, the Jets, is exactly the sort of winning streak that inspires false hope. The only team in that group that's playoff bound is the Jags, and that's a huge maybe.

Although, you will get a freebie playoff victory in week 1 as you probably face the Jags again, and they'll be without Lawrence.

After that reality will set in.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

LOL! So being 11-5 with 4 different quarterbacks, 4th and 5th string Tackles, missing best RB in football , 3rd and 4th string safety, and lastnight without #1 and #2 WR don't count for anything? Count em up 14 guys on IR.. But OHH BOY, no CJ Stroud or Trevor Lawarence?

And the reality is, we've already beat two of the best teams in the league (Ravens and 49er's)
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Should someone remind him . . . they ARE the Browns. . . :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:54 pm LOL! So being 11-5 with 4 different quarterbacks, 4th and 5th string Tackles, missing best RB in football , 3rd and 4th string safety, and lastnight without #1 and #2 WR don't count for anything? Count em up 14 guys on IR.. But OHH BOY, no CJ Stroud or Trevor Lawarence?

And the reality is, we've already beat two of the best teams in the league (Ravens and 49er's)
The 49ers game was in your house and it took a miracle. BTW, the best RB in football plays for them, not the Browns.

You've also lost to the Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, Broncos, and Rams. The last two being back to back prior to this four game winning streak. Your last four, I don't care who you're missing, wasn't exactly a murderer's row. Pittsburgh had one of the easiest schedules in the league this year, which means so did the Browns.

Every team has injuries, it's a part of the game. However, your team, to its credit, isn't based on one player like the Jags and Texans (preseason pick for one of the worst teams in the league). Hell, your fourth string QB is playing better than the first, second, and third string...by a lot. Your backup RB would start at almost every other team in the league, so I'm not buying into the "woe is us" stuff. You do get my sympathy for the line injuries.

Just to contrast, Pittsburgh is 8-7 while not even having a starting QB on the roster, an OC, or a competent HC.

Also, know that I'm just having a bit of fun. I do think you've got a good team and as legit a shot as anyone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Let's go 49ers, Panthers, Cards, and Pats!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Thank goodness my fantasy team showed up today for the 3rd place game. #1 scoring team so far!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:30 pm Let's go 49ers, Panthers, Cards, and Pats!
2/4! Washington moves into 2nd! But I think SoS will put us back to 3rd, unless Pats beat Jets next week.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I missed all of the early games today. Started feeling ill yesterday, went to bed and woke up at 4 p.m.

What happened to the Eagles and Dolphins?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:09 pm I missed all of the early games today. Started feeling ill yesterday, went to bed and woke up at 4 p.m.

What happened to the Eagles and Dolphins?
I was working on a garage project, but yeah, wtf?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Another winning season for the GOAT
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:03 pm Another winning season for the GOAT
You just ruined it for me. I'm watching a recording. (I don't care or I wouldn't be on the interwebs.)

Also, WOOOO!!!! another winning season that results in no playoffs and a mid round draft pick. Tomlin continues to be the GOAT of mediocrity!

Watching this game, next year's camp is going to be interesting. Mitch should be gone and Mason is clearly better than Kenny.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Panthers lost so the Bears get the #1 pick again.

What do you do if you're Chicago? Fields is progressing and improving in key areas now that they've stopped trying to fit his square peg into a round hole. However, this is a deep QB class. But what guarantees do you have that the next QB will be better than Fields? Do you believe the hype on what's his face from USC? Do you trade down and take Marv or a bunch of linemen?

Their D is fine, so I'd personally trade down to grab Marv and then go O line heavy for the rest of the draft.

I have a feeling a lot of this will depend on if they retain their coach or bring in someone new.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

USFL + XFL = USL, with 8 teams remaining.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:57 am Their D is fine, so I'd personally trade down to grab Marv and then go O line heavy for the rest of the draft.
I'd certainly see what people are offering. Both the Bears + Commanders have questionably OK QBs. But there's certainly the draw of getting a "surefire" talent.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Is anyone "surefire"?

Andrew Luck never won shit.
Trevor Lawrence was surefire and while he's good, he's not great.
Caleb Williams hasn't exactly inspired a lot of confidence this year despite being "surefire".

We've seen more first round busts at QB than not.

Meanwhile, Trent Dilfer won a SB. Terry Bradshaw wasn't the best QB in the NFL when his team was dominating. Joe Flacco won a SB not by being awesome, but by not making mistakes. Brock Purdy is one of the best QBs in the NFl despite being Mr. Irrelevant. Most people's "GOAT" wasn't drafted until the 6th round. Montana was drafted in the 7th.

Point being, the organization is critical to any QB's success and nobody knows how a person will perform until they're there.

Chicago is in a great, yet oddly shitty position.

Trade out of the #1 and get a ton of picks, but if Fields regresses and that #1 goes on to be a star, you lose.
Trade Fields and get a pick while drafting #1. If Fields goes onto be Lamar #2 and your #1 does the same or worse as Fields in Chicago, you lose.

Although, the person really in danger is the HC (if they keep him). He takes the blame in either of those scenarios. That's why I think a new HC will be key to what happens.

Also, one thing I didn't mention, and nobody else seems to have yet, is that Fields has caused their price to go up for that #1 pick. He's made their decision difficult, which means anyone wanting them to give up the #1 pick has to make it enticing enough to make the decision for Chicago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:07 pm Is anyone "surefire"?
That's why it was in quotes. It's like 50%... much better odds than all those other rounds.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Rumors out of Pittsburgh say Pickett refused to be the backup this week. He strongly denies it.

I hope that's true and he will be the backup this week, but per the article he's saying it still has to do with health despite Tomlin saying he's healthy. Should be interesting to see who starts if the Steelers make the playoffs. Camp is going to be very interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simmons made an interesting statement on this week's pod: The Bears-Panthers trade is already better than the Hershel Walker trade, or at least, has the potential to be. He means this is a fleecing sort of way.

His point is that the Bears got the Panthers' first rounder (I forgot who they drafted with it, but they're good) and their #1 WR Moody. They also got this year's #1 overall and there are some #2s and other picks in there. If they keep Fields, which is now expected, they can trade this year's #1 overall for even more picks to fill their biggest needs.

Meanwhile, the Panthers got Bryce Young who looks unplayable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eberflus is probably safe now, so Chicago is off the market as a Harbaugh suitor. If NE keeps Belichick, it's going to be SD, Carolina, or Vegas.