NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm Also, after the historic two game losing streak to 2-10 teams, both in PIttsburgh, I'm happy to report that the number of people openly discussing how the Steelers need to move on from Tomlin has grown a good percentage.
He's got a bucket of bolts for a QB, a terrible OC and still has the team in playoff contention!

Bill Belichick can't do that!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I respect that you don't always go to "But he's never had a losing season" like all the idiots.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:54 pm I respect that you don't always go to "But he's never had a losing season" like all the idiots.
I mean, when I feel like it I do, but I'm just here to get your goat.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Giants + Titans winning: who had that combo? Shit for my fantasy, but great for the Commanders' draft pick! If only we could lose em all, and get ahead of the Pats + Cards somehow. Then trade down for draft capital.

Also, shat all over my fantasy team, but the #2 team choked, too, so I'm still #1.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:51 pm Explain the logic behind this statement.
Hah! that was more of a joking statement because you know how Catt and I always say how Tomlin is the greatest ever.

Truthfully i get it. There are 4 Steelers fans on my wife's side of the family that have all been saying the same thing for a couple of years now. I do see what you're saying, but there are far worse coaches in the league.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

My fantasy teams have both been eliminated, and the one is such a great summary of my overall luck in life lately. After thinking I was basically eliminated, find out I'm in the driver's seat. All I need to do is beat a losing team or have the 3rd place team lose to the #1 team. I score the third most points in the league and lose by 10. 3rd place guy scores the 3rd lowest points of the week, but wins by 20. Yay!
Stranger wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 am but there are far worse coaches in the league.
I always give Tomlin credit for being a coach players love, but how much of that is because they get away with murder? He used to be a really good interview, but people have come to realize it's all cliches. His strength is his motivation skills, but when your team is unprepared because you hire shitty coaches...does it matter?

Tomlin is probably better than some coaches (Maybe? It'd be an interesting argument to have, case by case.), but he's still very mediocre and has gotten the least out of a lot.

Tomlin is living proof that too much loyalty is bad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I should have quit fantasy after I won last year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mahomes apologizes for his behavior after the game Sunday.

I would be willing to wager a couple bucks that All State and his agent let him know that the internet was not looking upon his behavior in a positive way.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:50 pm Mahomes apologizes for his behavior after the game Sunday.

I would be willing to wager a couple bucks that All State and his agent let him know that the internet was not looking upon his behavior in a positive way.
I doubt he even needed that much prodding, but yeah.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I really do think he's a good person.

I just know, based on what I've seen online, and even from the casuals watching for Taylor Swift, that his tantrum was not well received.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 pm I really do think he's a good person.

I just know, based on what I've seen online, and even from the casuals watching for Taylor Swift, that his tantrum was not well received.
Sure, sure. But it was SUCH A GREAT PLAY and would have won a tight game at the end of it. I get the emotions.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I think if I did my five over, Annie would warrant some serious thought. Cute, funny, and loves football?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Brady was so good he made Belichick look like a great coach
*With Tom Brady for 20 years, the coach was 249-75 with 17 division titles and six championships. *Without Brady in nine seasons, the coach is 82-97 with only one playoff win. Since the quarterback left the Patriots after the 2019 season, they are 27-33 without a sniff of postseason success.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:29 pm Brady was so good he made Belichick look like a great coach
I hate that so much and hate that I hate it too.

Belicheck is a great coach. Best ever? Maybe, maybe not. However, he's a garbage GM. When Brady left, the cupboard was empty. No replacement. No offensive weapons. Decent defense though, and that's Bill's side of the ball.

Truth be told, having a HOF QB makes the job much easier, but you still have to be a great coach to get the team to SBs and win them. Right Tomlin?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:59 pm I think if I did my five over, Annie would warrant some serious thought. Cute, funny, and loves football?
Not quite my type, but I can totally see it.

She was cuter as a brunette.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Big Ben trashes the Steelers' coaching.

Belicheck without Brady is being called overrated and Tom's getting all the credit.

Why isn't Tomlin getting the same treatment? Tomlin is 156-90 with a HOF QB. 19-20-1 without him and that's probably going to keep getting worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Staley might get fired at halftime.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Worst televised first quarter for a team I can remember.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:57 pm Worst televised first quarter for a team I can remember.
turns on game Holy fucking shit

Also, who the hell is Aiden O'Connell?