Thanksgiving

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by Leisher »

Some of you are fucked up. Bread is not "the best side dish". Psychos.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by GORDON »

I fucking hate green beans.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by Troy »

Some of the things on this list are WTF. Some are just like, lazy side dishes? Also, Alaska and Hawaii :?:

But plenty of good dishes: Mashed Potatoes (always) Biscuits (Hell yeah Oregon) Deviled Eggs (when done well) Cornbread (yessir)

Just bad: Creamed Corn, Side Salad, White Gravy

Seriously, who waits all year lusting after the side salad with their turkey?
GORDON
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by GORDON »

my traditional turney dinner:

Whole turkey, not just a breast.
Because it gets stuffed with stuffing
Mashed taters, of fucking course.'
Gravy made from the turkey drippings
Corn
King's Hawaiian rolls

Deviled Eggs rule but I rarely make them, strangely enough, since I have an egg factory.

Then depending on who's coming over, they bring cranberries and other things I don't care about.

But I host a turkey dinner most years around Veteran's Day. Not this year because covid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bread is not "the best side dish"
Rolls are awesome. Biscuits are awesome. Cornbread can be awesome.

mac and cheese. We used to before our youngest was born. Dairy allergy.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Happy Thanksgiving!
thibodeaux

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

Making a "turducken" but with sausage instead of duck. Wish me luck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Making a "turducken" but with sausage instead of duck. Wish me luck.
Let us know how it turns out.

I hope you all get to eat until you're stuffed and fall asleep watching football. (or a non-sports thing for Gordon)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Just like Thib to stick his sausage in the turkey.

Skins-Cowboys? Definitely a sleep game. We were supposed to see my parents, but my wife is sick, so we're at home with no Thanksgiving food. Great weather though, so we walked around the neighborhood a bunch.
thibodeaux

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

I basically did this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmgdLZEp5Xc

Took a 3lb Butterball turkey breast and couple of chicken thighs and brined them overnight (in a brine of a box of vegetable broth, cup of salt, and maybe another gallon of water).

Took turkey breast and sliced it open ("butterfly"). I made a sausage stuff by browning some "loose" Italian sausage w onions, mushrooms, and pieces of toast. Spread a small layer on the inside of the turkey. Laid the chicken thighs down on that. Then I had some rice dressing I made from hamburger meat and (surprise) rice, and put a layer of that. Then a half a kielbasa sliced longitudinally (long-ways for you knuckleheads). Rolled that up and wrapped it in a bacon weave, then in the oven at 325 for about 2 hours.

It turned out pretty good. For a backup I also roasted a plain, un-brined 5lb Butterball breast, which was also pretty good :P. So I am not sure the effort was worth it but it was an adventure.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thanksgiving 2020

Post by GORDON »

Originally dinner plan was just me and my kid, so I got us a little 8 lb turkey. Made some homemade stuffing and crammed it in the gullet, put it in an oven bag, smashed half of a stick of butter all over it, and let it bake for 2.5 hours. Perfectomundo.

But then the girlfriend's dinner plan fell through, and I ended up having a dinner for 6. Good thing two of them were vegetarians.

Stuffing was really good btw, but I've been doing turkey dinner every year for many years now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by TheCatt »

Flying to home from LA today, looks like today's storms won't be an issue. My hangover might though
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by TheCatt »

Happy Thanksgiving!

slightly nsfw

more nsfw
Leisher
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by Leisher »

I hope you all enjoy your families, stuff your bellies, and fall asleep watching football or whatever non-sports thing you watch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:24 pm I hope you all enjoy your families, stuff your bellies, and fall asleep watching football or whatever non-sports thing you watch.
Amen.
GORDON
Site Admin

Thanksgiving

Post by GORDON »

My cornbread was too dense for some reason. Thanksgiving ruined.