Dark & Darker

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Dark & Darker

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:26 pm What do you get in return on the player market? How does that help you develop? Does anything carry over from character to character or does all progress disappear on death?
Sell the items for gold, use the gold to buy Fighter items and kits for myself.

You keep an inventory stash for each character, so you can save items you bring back, and have items and funds ready to equip yourself with when you die on a run and need to start a new one.

Or collect a bunchy of the other classes items in your stash and do all of your trading in one session.
Troy

Dark & Darker

Post by Troy »

Bit of a delay but here's this mystery "big" new update". Discord says the updated servers won't be up until 8P pst.
Updates:
Sounds have been added to UI, Items, Perks, Skills, Spells, etc.
Water sounds now play when you step on water.
7 new emotes have been added.
A feature has been added to receive server maintenance notices in-game.
Additional protection added against possible security vulnerabilities.
Barbarian and Fighter's face shapes have been modified.
Bard reworked to make the class more gear and attribute dependent.
Added new attributes: Manual Dexterity, Persuasion.
Warlock's Curse of Pain now has a slightly more generous aim.
2 new perks have been added to Warlocks: Curse Mastery, Vampirism.
8 new spells have been added to Warlocks: Bolt of Darkness, Evil Eye, Bloodstained Blade, Flame Walker, Life Drain, Ray of Darkness, Eldritch Shield, Summon Hydra.

Rogue will no longer break stealth when bumped if the Pickpocket perk is equipped.
Rogue's Hide cooldown changed from 45s -> 40s.
Rogue's CutThroat cooldown changed from 60s -> 28s.
Ranger's Quickshot now fires a different amount of arrows based on the Bow type.
Ranger's Quickshot cooldown changed from 18s -> 28s.
Ranger's Multishot cooldown changed from 35s -> 28s.
Ranger's PenetratingShot cooldown changed from 28s -> 24s.
Hunting Trap only deals 1 damage per second at all rarities.
Wizard's Fireball damage changed 30/15 -> 25/10.
All weapon damage has been rebalanced.
Most armors have been updated and give additional bonuses in addition to just armor rating.
Armor rating curve slightly reduced at the upper end due to the higher overall armor values.
The value range of most random modifiers have been rebalanced.
Battle Axe now has a slightly longer range.
Torches and Lanterns give a slight movement speed advantage rather than a penalty.
Rarity-specific skins have been added for the Drum and Lyre.
Coin Bag that holds up to 500 gold coins has been added. Must be crafted at the Leathersmith.
Coin Chest that holds up to 3000 gold coins has been added. Must be found from the Treasure Hoards.
4 new artifacts have been added: Echo of Screams, Soulreaper, Deathbloom, Stinky Stick.
Cloak's cloth simulation has been slightly optimized.
Item skins are now displayed properly on the paper-doll.
Lockpick drop rate has been increased.
The names of level modules are now displayed on the minimap.
Additional layouts added to the Normal Goblin Caves map pool.
High-Roller Crypt maps increased from a 4x4 to a 5x5 size.
The Normal and High Roller Crypt now share the same map pool.
Added an extra Dark Swarm's phase so players don’t need to traverse as much distance at once.
Updated environments for approximately 40 level modules.
Level object density for Ruins and Crypts has been increased.
A portal has been added to the outskirts of Ruins.
The Rusty Iron Door has been re-added to the High-Roller pool.
New Royal Coffins have been added to the dungeons.
Previous Gold Chests have returned to the dungeons as Marvelous Chests.
Additional attack patterns added to the Nightmare version of the monsters in the Goblin Cave.
Skeleton Champion animations have been updated.
Royal Guard animation has been updated.
Ruins Golem subboss has been added.
Merchants updated to sell a much larger amount and variety of items.
Greater Luck Potion has been added to the Fortune Teller.
New craft and mining items added.
Equipment Slot filter has been added to Trading Post.
Trading Post now displays a Timestamp.
Several other changes not listed were included.
Nothing crazy, but fully fleshed out Warlock is cool. They added a "Summoner" branch, the first of it's kind in the game.
Troy

Dark & Darker

Post by Troy »

Now that Warlock is all fleshed out, I gave that class a good look this wipe. It has a higher difficulty, especially with default gear, but at the mid to higher levels you have a good permanent sustain and pvp ability.

The most prize piece of gear to find for warlock is Magical Healing items, which makes your damage DoTs heal you better as they hurt enemies. If you can get 3-4 pieces of gear with this attribute you are a terrifying dungeon vampire, capable of casting tons of spells with your health (the warlock spell cost) and regaining it fast. Throw in your Blow of Corruption for a nasty high dmg finisher melee strike.

Downsides - you cant' wear plate, you don't have a sprint, and your spells aren't THAT good. You end up somewhere less of a Fighter than a Fighter, and less a damaging caster than the Wizard, which can be tough to balance or make the right decision in critical moments.

One weird thing is that I tend to bank plenty of gold while successfully extracting on Fighter. I tend to grow sentinmal to the weapons and armor, and unless I find something organically in the dungeon, I keep the snowball going. On warlock though, I chase the Vampire Highlander Strahd ideal everytime I extract or have a little extra cash in the bank. I'll be in immaculate expensive vampire gear*, terrifying to behold, with 5 gold left to rub together and a grey cap in the stash.

* reference photo w/ ninja hat off