NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dan Campbell is nuts. If that doesn't work he gets crucified.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:37 pm Dan Campbell is nuts. If that doesn't work he gets crucified.
Well, now it's a TD!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:37 pm Dan Campbell is nuts. If that doesn't work he gets crucified.
Well, now it's a TD!
Call of the year!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Hutchinson thoughts:
-His arms look really small compared to the other players. I had thought he was bigger.
-His dad is an annoying meathead.
-His mom has no fucking idea what is going on in the game. Every time they show them the dad is standing up hollering, the mom gets up and asks what happened.

This is not a thing I need to see repeated week after week.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Who is Hutchinson and why are we seeing these things? (Like I know he's on the Detroit D... but why?)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:31 pm Who is Hutchinson and why are we seeing these things? (Like I know he's on the Detroit D... but why?)
He is a TTUN grad who had one good season, couldn't get drafted early, was taken by the hometown Lions, and is a feel good story for the franchise. He hasn't played terribly, but he also isn't lighting the league up.

As for why his parents are miced up, I assume someone at NBC thought this would be a cool new thing that NFL viewers would want to see.

We don't.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The biggest thing about the NFL that the 12 team CFP will add is the ability to lose a game early.

It's fun to watch a game that might not matter in the grand scheme of things. Does Campbell make that 4th and 2 call if the game means everything if they lose? Probably not.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

That call won them the game. Good job.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It also won me my first NFL bet of the year. I bet the Lions to win outright.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:51 am It also won me my first NFL bet of the year. I bet the Lions to win outright.
I also bet the moneyline, nice way to start the season. Here's to many more!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Only Big Ben could talk this sort of shit about Cleveland, and I think even Stranger would begrudgingly admit that. Chase should shut the fuck up because Cleveland has owned the Bengals in recent years.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

When you put a giant elf at midfield you kind of open yourself up to being called the elves.. :oops:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

True, but I mean the disregard for the Browns. They're a legit team.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:52 pm True, but I mean the disregard for the Browns. They're a legit team.
!Rmindme 1/8/2024
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers are getting absolutely destroyed. Four 3 and outs has been their offense into the 2nd quarter. Pickett looks awful. They can't run at all. They committing penalties non-stop.

This is a terribly coached team.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:54 pm Steelers are getting absolutely destroyed. Four 3 and outs has been their offense into the 2nd quarter. Pickett looks awful. They can't run at all. They committing penalties non-stop.
This is the Steelers I expected.

watching the Skins play, I was too optimistic.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Before the last drive that went for a TD, the Steelers had 10 total yards in 16 plays for an entire half. That last drive started with 2 minutes left.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mike Tomlin is the GOAT...when it comes to wasting timeouts and losing challenges.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If you lose to the Steelers this year your whole team should commit ritual suicide.

Steelers offense was terrible, but at least their defense sucked. 30-7 and it wasn't that close.

The only good thing I can say is Freiermuth scored a TD for one of my fantasy teams.

It cannot be overstated how bad Kenny Pickett looked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Browns to the Super Bowl?
Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:10 pm Steelers offense was terrible, but at least their defense sucked. 30-7 and it wasn't that close.
When they go under 500, remember who predicted it!

Although, you are playing the AFC South, right? Ugh.