NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:30 pm AB is still a massive piece of shit.
SURPRISE! /s
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:28 pm We haven't done our record predictions yet...soon...but we should also add top five draft picks. Not the players or exact order, but what teams will be in the top five picks based on having terrible years.
Washington: 6-11
Carolina: 7-10
Steelers: 8-9
Browns: 9-8

(see what I did there?)

Terrible teams: Arizona, Tampa Bay, Texans, Colts, Rams (With outside chances of Washington, Panthers, and Raiders)
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'll do my predictions during lunch.

Finished my second fantasy draft last night. I am pretty happy to say that I avoided going for the same players. It helps that I drafted at 2 in the first league and 10th in the second.

First league (10 man - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, D):
Joe Burrow
Travis Etienne Jr.
Dameon Pierce
Justin Jefferson
AJ Brown
Pat Freiermuth
Jerry Jeudy
Brian Robinson Jr
Dallas Goedert
Juju Smith-Schuster (oddly my only repeat player and the last skill position pick for both drafts)
JSN
Elijah Mitchell
Adam Thielen
Jared Goff
Riley Patterson
Steelers D

I really want to trade for Van Jefferson so I can call my team The Jeffersons and use a picture of George and Wheezy. Not sure who to give up. All my guys have high roster percentages and Van Jefferson only has 16%. I'd be trading for a guy I'd never use. FYI, the only other Jefferson in the league is on IR for 2023.

Second league (12 man - QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, FLEX, K, D):
Daniel Jones
Tony Pollard
Alexander Mattison
Garrett Wilson
Keenan Allen
Tyler Lockett
49ers D
Jake Elliot
Geno Smith (getting the start this week. Jones vs Dallas. Geno vs Rams.)
Jahan Dotson
AJ Dillon
Jaylen Warren
Tyjae Spears
JuJu

How in the hell do I feel like my second team is far more talented and solid than the first one? I really think having a high draft pick sucks. Yeah, you get one guy that's supposed to be "awesome", but your second and third picks are scraps from the first tier of top guys. Meanwhile, your opponents all got two of the top players before you. I'm sure that's just a perception thing, but I'm pretty sure I've won my titles from the later half of drafts. I know I won from the 12th draft spot before.

So long story short, if you have any of those people on your team you're fucked. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I have a keeper league and can barely remember who is one my team
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:51 am I really think having a high draft pick sucks. Yeah, you get one guy that's supposed to be "awesome", but your second and third picks are scraps from the first tier of top guys
I don't know about that. I had second pick last night and got AJ Brown and Jalen Hurts with the 2nd and 3rd picks.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:03 pm I have a keeper league and can barely remember who is one my team
I don't remember my teams either. That was the magic of multiple tabs.
Stranger wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:28 pm I don't know about that. I had second pick last night and got AJ Brown and Jalen Hurts with the 2nd and 3rd picks.
Honestly, it's a miracle you got Hurts. Allen and Mahomes came off the board in the 1st round, but Hurts is still there in the 3rd? I was thisclose to pulling the trigger and grabbing him at the top of the 2nd, but I figured there are plenty of QBs. I wanted a high quality starting RB and WR. I almost had Pollard and Chubb, but Chubb was picked two spots prior to my 2nd pick.

Hurts was the 1st overall pick in my other league.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

My predictions

Washington: 4-12 (holy shit that's a difficult schedule)
Carolina: 3-14
Steelers: 10-7
Browns: 10-7

Both the Steelers and Browns have a chance to exceed expectations. The AFC is loaded, but both should be improved and have a chance to feed on an easier than average schedule. The Steelers' chances rest on their D, while the Browns have to hope Watson is back to form.

Terrible teams: I agree with all of your picks. There will probably be one other bad team, maybe not terrible, that we aren't expecting. Perhaps due to injury, like if Allen, Hurts, or Mahomes goes down.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger, Troy - Any predictions?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:06 pm Stranger, Troy - Any predictions?
Stranger will have the Browns going 15-2 and Super Bowl bound. This is the first year in forever that it could happen.

This is good, especially the final joke:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Hah. That was pretty good. I wasn't sure who sleeves-guy was though.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:32 pm Stranger will have the Browns going 15-2 and Super Bowl bound. This is the first year in forever that it could happen.
Wrong.. 17-0

I'll give it a shot.

Washington: 5-11. Tough division and schedule. I like Howell and Brisett is much better than you'd think. I can see them squeezing out another win, but not many more than that.

Carolina: 6-10. Not sure what to think of them. Weak division but i think the Saints win it.

Pittspuke: 9-8. Everybody's preseason darling right now. Honestly, i don't see it. I wanna put 8-9 but Tomlin will never let that happen. 10-7 wouldn't surprise me at all though.

Cleveland: 11-6. Deep down i feel like 10 wins is probably the right number but this is really the best team they've ever had. I know, i've said it many times before.. BuT ThIs TImE I"m sERiOuS!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Catt:
Washington: 6-11
Carolina: 7-10
Steelers: 8-9
Browns: 9-8

Leisher:
Washington: 4-13 (holy shit that's a difficult schedule)
Carolina: 3-14
Steelers: 10-7
Browns: 10-7

Stranger:
Washington: 5-11. Tough division and schedule. I like Howell and Brisett is much better than you'd think. I can see them squeezing out another win, but not many more than that.

Carolina: 6-11. Not sure what to think of them. Weak division but i think the Saints win it.

Pittspuke: 9-8. Everybody's preseason darling right now. Honestly, i don't see it. I wanna put 8-9 but Tomlin will never let that happen. 10-7 wouldn't surprise me at all though.

Cleveland: 11-6. Deep down i feel like 10 wins is probably the right number but this is really the best team they've ever had. I know, i've said it many times before.. BuT ThIs TImE I"m sERiOuS!!

There's 17 games, so I changed Stranger's 6-10 on the Panthers to 6-11, and Leisher's Washington 4-12 to 4-13.

!RmindMe 1/8/2024
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:15 am There's 17 games, so I changed Stranger's 6-10 on the Panthers to 6-11.
Ha! yeah, i still have a hard time breaking that habit.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:45 pm Hah. That was pretty good. I wasn't sure who sleeves-guy was though.
Pat McAffee.

Former Colts punter and currently the most wanted talking head in all of sports. He has his own podcast that gets every big name you can think of (they break a lot of news), he's on ESPN College Gameday, signed a MASSIVE deal recently, and even wrestled at Wrestlemania. He's very high energy, but pretty cool. Very much a guy's guy and not your typical talking head.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:15 am Everybody's preseason darling right now.
Detroit is everyone's preseason darling. I see Pittsburgh picked to finish last in the division in most places, including Vegas. The only talking head I've heard suggest Pittsburgh could have a big year is Bill Simmons.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:02 am Detroit is everyone's preseason darling. I see Pittsburgh picked to finish last in the division in most places, including Vegas. The only talking head I've heard suggest Pittsburgh could have a big year is Bill Simmons.
Yeah, the Lions have been the preseason darling. But i've seen so many ESPN people and others touting the Steelers as the sleeper playoff team. I get it though, traditional good team with a young QB that had some late game heroics last year. Being last place in the division still will be much better than most other division's #2.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:02 amPat McAffee.
Ah yeah, I know the name, just not the face.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:11 am Being last place in the division still will be much better than most other division's #2.
Yeah, our division is LOADED in a loaded AFC. If all four teams light up the rest of the league (I do NOT think that happens), and 1-2 miss the playoffs while an 8-9 AFC South winner hosts a playoff game... I think the conversation to throw out automatic bids for division winners will gain traction.

It's going to be an interesting year. Injuries are really going to mean a lot.

The team I have the most question marks about is Baltimore. Lamar's numbers have only gotten worse year by year and now he's becoming injury prone. OBJ is going to be a primary target for this team. The D has definitely regressed. I really think if they have a great year, it'll be the coaching staff's efforts.

Also, it has to be asked...Is Burrow's durability an issue? Cincy continues to do the bare minimum to protect him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

It has begun...

Good luck to all your teams. Even you Stranger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, ballsy move by the Lions 4th and 2 on your own 18.