Inkjets

Leisher
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by Leisher »

We've all assumed this type of shit was happening, but this guy proves it.

The whole thing is a scam made worse by them shorting us on the scam. I'm sure our efficient government will get right on this and punish Canon appropriately.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by GORDON »

Bought a laserjet printer/scanner/copy/fax at costco..... 5? years ago for $350.

Have printed a few hundred pages.

Never a moment of error, and still using the original toner.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by TheCatt »

How much is that fucker printing? My stuff generally lasts 3-5 years before refills.

But it does seem obscenely expensive.

Also, only Brother. Fuck Canon.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 am My stuff generally lasts 3-5 years before refills.
What?!? That's impossible. Do you only print a single page every month? Do you have ink or laser?

I've had bad experiences with Brother. We've been using HP, who I guarantee does the same shorting of ink that Canon does, and lately they've been annoying me with their intrusive software/ads.

I have a Lexmark laser in my office and it's the shit. I might be a Lexmark person going forward.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:44 pm What?!? That's impossible. Do you only print a single page every month? Do you have ink or laser?
Laser. Ink bad.

I dunno, it's a home printer. We don't print a ton.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Inkjets

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:50 pmLaser. Ink bad.
Agreed. We have a lot of inkjets though because laser wasn't super cheap and available when the fatties in customer service decided they didn't want to waddle 10 feet to get their prints.

I am slowly replacing what I can with laser, which includes my home printer.

And we go through a ton of ink at home due to scripts.