Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I must have missed the GOP press conference where they compared him to Soprano and Bond.

I know they have called him corrupt, racist, possibly a pedo, and has dementia. All those things have evidence though, so "Soprano and Bond" is the play I guess?

Speaking of Biden and bullshit...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Ticketmaster and LiveNation will stop hiding fees.

No idea how much the Biden admin put into this effort, but they announced it so I'm giving them credit.

In other Biden news, he praised the Las Vegas Golden Knights for winning Las Vegas' first "major" championship.

That pissed off the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:16 am In other Biden news, he praised the Las Vegas Golden Knights for winning Las Vegas' first "major" championship.

Lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:53 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:16 am In other Biden news, he praised the Las Vegas Golden Knights for winning Las Vegas' first "major" championship.

Lol.
Laugh, but I heard this mistake cost Biden around 20 votes! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:39 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:53 am

Lol.
Laugh, but I heard this mistake cost Biden around 20 votes! :D
Wow, the entire fanbase of WNBA?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

I'm not saying she's wrong, but uh...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

It's weird to me that the community notes are wrong. Congress approved 988 in 2020: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... -bill/2661

And was "signed" specifically on 10/17/2020. Still Trump, but not 2019. The FCC Started the effort in 2019, it appears. But, being signed so late in 2020, it was mostly implemented under Biden.
The Biden-Harris Administration increased federal investments in the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by 18-fold - from $24 million to $432 million -- to scale up crisis centers and back-up center capacity, and to provide special services, including a sub-network for Spanish language speakers.

The $432 million included $105 million in grant funding to states and territories, provided by the American Rescue Plan, to improve response rates, increase capacity to meet future demand, and ensure calls initiated in their states or territories are first routed to local, regional, or state crisis call centers. Prior to this investment, the Lifeline, which has existed since 2005, had been long unfunded and under-resourced.
Also, the suicide hotline has been around since 2005 as a 10-digit number. The argument above is that it was finally funded appropriately, in contrast to prior administrations.

The 3/15/20 statement is a lie. The $11.15 was from 3/31/2020, as the BLS (Bureau of Labor Standards) numbers are generated end of month, not middle of month. Biden's target was the end of February number, $11.03.

(Not that those #s are anything to brag about, but they do appear to be true)
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:39 am It's weird to me that the community notes are wrong.
It is, but they've come a long way. If you remember, the early stages, pre-Musk, were just removing Tweets for being wrong, even if they were right. Then they'd just be opinion based or would link to sites of questionable credibility. Now they post links, info, and if you hit the Rate button, they ask you everything about the content and you can even explain why you rated it well or poor.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:39 am But, being signed so late in 2020, it was mostly implemented under Biden.

The key point, however, is that it was implemented under Biden, and thus, not something he should be taking credit for by implying he and his administration created it.

The other thing I'll take your word for as I'm not bothering to figure out those numbers.

I'm just really enjoying the effort being made by the Community Notes people. I like that even POTUS is not beyond reproach. I've seen them nailing politicians from both sides, and the constant request for feedback is awesome. It's so much better than the previous deletion without comment or "This is a lie" tags from Twitter, Facebook, etc. that we now know was either done by political bigots or at the request of the FBI.

On a related note, Biden, Harris, and the paid shills all still constantly tweet out the claim that he's created more jobs than any other president in history. They should really stop that. They get ratioed every time and even far left people tell them to stop making the claim as everyone knows it's complete horseshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:57 pm The key point, however, is that it was implemented under Biden, and thus, not something he should be taking credit for by implying he and his administration created it.
I think it's fair to argue that doing the work matters.

But overall, I agree, the community notes are generally nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:12 pm I think it's fair to argue that doing the work matters.
Fair. Although, I do wonder of the real work, who did it? Was it someone in the administration or a long time government employee(s) not picked by any administration?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

While I won't give Biden credit for a plan created and signed into existence prior to his taking office, but get full credit for this one.

Goverment seal coming to tech products to help people know what is good and what sucks.

Listen, it's not bulletproof, but this is a great start. I like them possibly needing to reapply each year. I like this program probably making auto updates more of a thing for IoT devices. Too many people shop for tech like they shop for anything and think the $20 version of [insert tech here] they get on Temu is the same as a $300 one at Best Buy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Biden dissed Harry and Meghan.

Biden's team did the right thing there. Don't get in the middle of that shitshow.

Also, how rich and entitled do you have to be to think you can just jump on Air Force One for a free ride?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Devon Archer to talk to Congress about Biden's involvement in his son's business dealings with foreign countries.

This backs up claims by the FBI whistleblower and contradicts claims by Biden that he had nothing to do with them.

A Google search on this news shows several legit MSM outlets covering it.

Searching his name on CNN shows one article this year in March...

Must be white supremacy squashing this story in left leaning outlets, huh?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

I thought most places had a two strikes law but it came to dogs two bites and they have to be put to sleep
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

Probably depends on the bite.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:40 am Probably depends on the bite.
where we live it's literally any bite
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Biden Term

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:07 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:40 am Probably depends on the bite.
where we live it's literally any bite
Imagine our crime rates if we had such a zero tolerance policy for violent criminals...