Taco Bell

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by TheCatt »

Taco Tuesday feels way too generic for a trademark. “Taco Twosday" sure.
The name was tweaked to “Taco Tuesday” and the chain trademarked the phrase in 1989, making it part of its marketing. Since then, Taco John’s has defended its use of the phrase and sent cease-and-desist letters to others trying to use it.
At least they have a history of defense.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:36 pm Taco Tuesday feels way too generic for a trademark.
I had actually wondered the same thing, but I know other generic phrases have been trademarked. Probably has to do with your lawyer's skill?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:55 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:36 pm Taco Tuesday feels way too generic for a trademark.
I had actually wondered the same thing, but I know other generic phrases have been trademarked. Probably has to do with your lawyer's skill?
Taco Tuesday was dramatically less popular 30 years ago. Also, some phrases can be trademarked within a given context, rather than broadly.
Troy

Taco Bell

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:55 pm
And could be equally invalidated by a good lawyer and their *cough* legal consultants.

I would argue that the original trademark "Taco Twosday" is a legit trademark. "Taco Tuesday" is far too generic and should not have been allowed to be issued.

The patent office gets trademarks and patents overturned by the courts all the time for a variety of reasons. Sitting here right now in a law office in SF trying not to let a client's speaker patents get invalidated due to a push by a big search engine :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by Leisher »

I never eat at Taco Bell, but this guy is know for fast food "hacks".

Your kids might enjoy this one if they like the slushies as much as mine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Taco Bell

Post by TheCatt »

I don't drink soda often, but when I do, I love being able to mix it up myself and make different combos.