Photography (possibly nsfw some day)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So ever since I was a kid, and knew it was a job, I've wanted to be a Playboy photographer. Always been a big fan of nude female body.

We are finishing our attic this Fall, and I asked my wife if I could setup a photography studio for doing nudes, bodyscapes, maybe boudoir photography, etc. At first, she said "uh, no.". But we discussed it further and she has agreed, just as long as the kids aren't home when it happens. She even said she made ght help with photo editing, etc, and helping with lighting and such.

So hopefully that happens, and I learn the editing, etc. Will hopefully have an update in 6 months or so.

In semi-related news, I've also asked work if I could take Fridays off for the rest of my career as I move towards retirement. Initial conversations were positive, possibly even without a pay cut.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm Always been a big fan of nude female body.
Ditto. What are the odds!?
TheCatt wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm So hopefully that happens, and I learn the editing, etc. Will hopefully have an update in 6 months or so.
Good luck to you!
TheCatt wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm In semi-related news, I've also asked work if I could take Fridays off for the rest of my career as I move towards retirement. Initial conversations were positive, possibly even without a pay cut.
We have a few people who work four day weeks during the summer at our office. Honestly, with remote work and flexible hours being so popular there days, and with studies proving their value, I'm surprised four day work weeks aren't more common.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:47 pm We have a few people who work four day weeks during the summer at our office. Honestly, with remote work and flexible hours being so popular there days, and with studies proving their value, I'm surprised four day work weeks aren't more common.
Yeah. The work attitude in our office skews towards a lot of hours (except, uh, me + my department :) ), so 60 hours is probably the norm, +/-. But it's very eat what you kills, to the incentives are strong if you get things done. My team is Software, and less eat/kill, so we typically keep 40 hour weeks, with some after hours support since other people work so many hours + some weekends.

So, I think the sticking point might be my Friday in case of emergency availability. If I'm willing to be available, even if not "working" then I think that's what the paycut would hinge on. Seems like a reasonable accommodation for not having a 20% pay cut, but not sure yet. The kids are still in school, so it's not like I can go crazy in life.
It's not me, it's someone else.