Computer Mice

Malcolm

Computer Mice

Post by Malcolm »

I think G's bought some high-end ones. How are they? What brands? What diff does it make playing, say BL2?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I have medium-sized hands for a man, so I tend to not prefer the big mice with hard corners and edges like the Microsoft one whose name is slipping my mind. I actually bought their popular one as a "traveling" mouse, and it works, but isn't my fave. The Logitech G5-series... I am currently rocking the G500.... is rounded like a woman's body and is not huge and fits my hand well.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

As far as a difference in gaming... all "gaming" mice will have the same characteristic: high refresh rates and the ability to change it on the fly. I played FPSs on regular mice for years before the gamer mice came out... night and day difference. Gamer mice are all identical, you just need to find the one that fits your hand the best.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

NewEgg's got this on sale today. Thinking of getting it for the new machine. Small enough that I don't care about the points not getting applied later.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

http://www.amazon.com/Precisi....r+mouse

This is the one i went with.. Its got a great price and all the bells and whistles any higher priced one has. I would say its better for someone that likes to palm the mouse more than use the claw grip. Personally i found that i was a claw gripper after i bought this mouse but i quickly got used to it and am very happy with it... oh yeah, you can change the led color on it too, nice little touch to know what setting you have it in.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hmm, one mark against the A4 ... no weights.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Regarding weights: I have never understood the utility of them. I load up my mouse with max weight, and I remove all weights and try it out, and I can not feel a difference, at all. I just run with the lightest mouse possible in order to reduce possible muscle fatigue.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

i noticed that Anker mouse that i have is quite heafty when i loaded all the weights in it. Infact so much so that i would get muscle fatigue when playing games that involved alot of mouse movement. But when i took all of them out it felt like a cheap plastic toy, so in this mouse the weights make a difference to me, i had to find what worked for my liking.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm in the market too.

Mechwarrior has 6 weapons groups, and my current mouse doesn't have the additional buttons in easy to access spots.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Regarding weights: I have never understood the utility of them. I load up my mouse with max weight, and I remove all weights and try it out, and I can not feel a difference, at all. I just run with the lightest mouse possible in order to reduce possible muscle fatigue.
I understand that a lifetime of giving handjobs leads to some nerve insensitivity in the fingers and wrists.

When I get a new machine, I do lots of fine-tuning to the mouse to get everything just proper. Whenever anyone at work touches my mouse, they all say it's way too sensitive. I cursed my shitty mouse more than once playing BL2, particularly trying to snipe or get melee crits while cloaked.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hmm, this looks good.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This is such a weird design, I almost want one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Computer Mice

Post by Leisher »

Anyone else seeing an issue with mice in games lately?

My mouse has buttons to adjust sensitivity on the fly. A couple of more recent games I've played (FPSs), I have had to turn it down within the game or the slightest movement would send the camera somewhere unintended. What's weird is that in the game menus, the mouse moves normal speed if I have not yet adjusted things or super slow if I have. Why is the sensitivity different with the game vs the game menus?

It reminds me of how DVDs and TV shows, all of a sudden, started putting dialogue into the middle channel, so if you didn't have a sound bar dialogue could be washed out by background music.

Point being, I think something has changed for the developers, but the Mice and/or OS people haven't caught up yet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”