Knocked Up

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The dude from The 40 Year Old Virgin who worked in the back room with Andy accidently knocks up a FINE woman he had a drunken hookup with.

HILARIOUS movie.

Highly recommend if you like rated R romantic comedies. Boobies, and raunchy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Boobies are (usually) good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Laughed pretty much all the way through.

At least as good as Virgin.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Selby

Post by Selby »

Feh. I felt that it could wait until rental. It was definitely funny and I chortled through most of the movie, but I wasn't falling out of my chair dying from laughter like I have been on other movies.

Was definitely nice to see they earned their R rating rather than just saying two "fucks" and getting it. Maybe the fact that the other half is 5.5 months along didn't help much either in the "too close to home" department.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I don't usually like the genre, but that's a movie I really want to see.

I don't see how it can top 40 Year Old Virgin, as I was in pain from laughing at that one.

I'll try to deposit the young'un at the mother-in-law's sometime this week and take the wife to see it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not quite as funny as Virgin, but still pretty damn funny.

Very good movie and I'm sure I'll see it again/add it to my collection when it hits video.

I'd recommend it to anyone who liked Virgin.

*Now stop reading as I want to discuss a subplot in the film, so there will be a minor spoiler in here, but nothing that would ruin your film going experience.*
My only real complaint about the film was the Deb/Pete storyline. Deb is hot and Paul Rudd is awesome, but their whole "what's he up to" subplot was pointless and made zero sense. I told the wife that a pregnant woman must have written that part of the movie because it was completely irrational. She actually agreed. Neither of us thought Pete was the bad guy in the situation, unlike all the characters is the film. We both thought Deb was the bad guy. This whole subplot then leads to the stereotypical "men are subservient pussies" scene that seems to be a "must" for any movie and tv show these days.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Finally saw this. There were a few scenes during the flick I had to cringe thru. Mainly the one where the dude keeps opening his mouth & saying dumbass thing after dumbass thing in the car or whilst they're arguing about which one of their married friends is to blame for ... whatever the fuck those two were fighting about. Seeing those in person is 10x funnier.

There were a couple points during the flick that damn near killed me. Seth Rogen's speech to Deb outside the hospital room at the end was brilliant. It was 3am and I was half blacked out at that point, yet it managed to grab my attention. Reminded me of Homer's speech at the end of the Simpsons flashback episode where Bart was born.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."