Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am I grabbed a 100 a while ago thinking I was going to upgrade a house, but ended up changing my mind. Also ran a buy order somewhere around there. Took a week or so for it to fully fill.
I dropped off some blocks to help in the communal chest.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Ratted twice on tonight's bandit.

1st - 22k. Seriously? 22k? Oh well, let's keep going...

2nd - Game says 488k, but amongst the garbage, was a Snow Husky T7. Damn! Sells for 504k instant, Avg 587k). So tempted to keep it, but I also already have one. Who the fuck wears the shitty gear this person was wearing (<15k for all pieces I picked up), and then a 500k mount to bandit?

People be crazy, yo.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I had 128k in my pack between two items. All armies were pretty spread out and milling around. Probably trying to rat. Some dude was spamming a wall of text and it was annoying. I stopped to figure out how to mute him. Came back and some dude was knocking me off my horse. Then it was over. At least now I know how to mute people.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:25 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am I grabbed a 100 a while ago thinking I was going to upgrade a house, but ended up changing my mind. Also ran a buy order somewhere around there. Took a week or so for it to fully fill.
I dropped off some blocks to help in the communal chest.
Sweet. That's gonna do it.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I ran some black zone mists yesterday and someone rolls up on me just circling around on his mount. I had just finished killing a mob and scoped his build, all flat T4 with an IP of 900, my build is at something like 1150. I was full health and had all my cooldowns so i just sat there waiting for him to decide if he wanted any action. He dismounted from a short distance and gave a little wiggle like he wanted a gentlemen's dual. I obliged and jumped his ass immediately, took him down to about 30% health in one rotation and he starts to run. I had to chase him for a few minutes before he succumbed to my sword. Checked his corpse, and every piece of gear was destroyed! only thing i was able to loot was his 3 poison bottles and some cheap food. I know his gear wasn't really worth shit, but still, just my luck.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:05 pm At least now I know how to mute people.
I need to learn this. How?
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:06 pm Sweet. That's gonna do it.
Woot. Now how expensive is it to feed an elite wild boar? :)
Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:58 am . Checked his corpse, and every piece of gear was destroyed!
That sucks, I always figured it was 50/50?

Last night I showed up early to the bandit raids, and I road into the middle of a white-fort for a second, got distracted, came back and was at 50% health, ran out, and was down to 25%. Then a orange-faction dude rolls up on me, no greens anywhere, and I figure "this is it, stupidest death ever." The guy lunges at me, and I use my 1 fast run thing, then use my floating heal spell, and get back to 50% or so. Then I use my Qs to boost my healing, and dude keeps chasing. He lunges again, hits me once, but I use my shock spell to freeze him, and keep running. I try to get on my horse, but he lunges again and hits me just before I mount. We're circling the fort, and a white-faction flag player shows up, and I'm like "Yep, sooooooooo dead." I pick a bad path, he catches me and hits me again, but I have my fast spell back and keep moving. Also have my floating heal, and I'm back to around 80%. But the white-flag won't engage, just dances around on his horse. Orange guy keeps running, but at this point we have a pattern where he's just too slow, and I can get my spells back by the time he attacks. I know that greens will show up.

Dude says "What, are you AFRAID?" and challenges me to a duel. Guy is either an ass, or never checked my gear. At any rate, right after that, 5 greens come on screen, he mounts and flees.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 am Dude says "What, are you AFRAID?" and challenges me to a duel.
"Cmon healer! why don't you wanna fight me?"
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:48 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 am Dude says "What, are you AFRAID?" and challenges me to a duel.
Right? WTF?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:53 am
Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:48 am
Right? WTF?
The internet is delusional.

To mute people, right click on their name in the chat window. Lots of options are available. Near the bottom is Mute.

We don't know how much it costs to feed the animals. The wiki tells you how much nutrition is needed, but I don't know how to translate that into food based on how much nutrition each food provides, the fact that premium cuts the time to raise in half, etc. She has never tracked it.

Also, she's feels really uncomfortable taking the blocks. She feels like these are her skills, she should be funding them. Stuff like that. I explained that she provides a service though as none of us have (or will, maybe) spent the time/focus/etc, to raise the skill. So we can't build them without her. She under values her contribution to the deal, I think. At the same time, 4.5 million is a huge contribution to the cause and will take a minute to offset. Added to that, turns out she not ready to raise them. Needs to raise her skill to 100, from 66. . . She did restructure her characters' islands so that Jemma is now full time animal person, and Lolly is full time farmer. She was raising both skills on both characters. She bought a handful of T7 animals to speed gains, but they also take more days to raise, so it's slower. Lastly, I told her you had 35 million at last report and this is no big deal for you.

At any rate, I don't know if she's going to take your blocks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I have no use for the blocks, so, uh if she doesn't take them, sadness. We're a team! We all help. And yes even after those blocks, I still have 35 million silver. I did truck over the BW to get them a little cheaper than Lymhurst.

I'm down to 200k faction points, but between bandits and ratting, money isn't a problem.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Uhg. Just like all other crafting in the game, it's not worth it to raise Elite Wild Boars, unless food is really cheap.

2 million silver worth of faction points for the boarlet and treehearts.
650k for the 20 T8 leathers
??? for food.

The mount sells for between 2.8 and 3.3 mil in Lymhurst. Maybe more in other cities?

Takes 6 days to grow. However, and it's a pretty small however, there's a 15% chance you'll get a free baby when raising the boarlet. If you do them in bulk, I guess you'll see decent profit eventually?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

You seem to hit a lot of the bandit raids. Are you just monitoring the game all day? Are you in a faction discord? Did you hack the server so it sends you text messages? How do you run so many?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Well, worth it or not she can have the stone!

For bandit raids, I WFH, and they tend to come every 4 to 5 hours. So once I know when one happens, I can load up the game on my iPad a few hours later and just leave the map screen up until one happens, then launch on my PC.

There is a faction discord, but bandit alerts are inconsistent
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Do you guys think we could take a flag with just the three of us? How long would it take?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:31 pm Do you guys think we could take a flag with just the three of us? How long would it take?
Probably not in a bandit raid, the bosses use more mechanics and hit harder. I was in a group of 4 or maybe 5 the other day in a yellow zone and we were able to take down the boss pretty easily, healer was really good though.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well that was a shitty raid. . . queue getting into Yew Wood and I'm thinking "This is going to be a big blob". We got what, 3 territories before it died? Lymhurst sucks!!

I think we would have gotten more points joining the yellow blog that went towards Fort Sterling.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:16 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:31 pm Do you guys think we could take a flag with just the three of us? How long would it take?
Probably not in a bandit raid, the bosses use more mechanics and hit harder. I was in a group of 4 or maybe 5 the other day in a yellow zone and we were able to take down the boss pretty easily, healer was really good though.
I was looking at those single fort regions. Capture one fort, get the region capture points, etc. During non-bandit times.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:10 pm Well that was a shitty raid. . . queue getting into Yew Wood and I'm thinking "This is going to be a big blob". We got what, 3 territories before it died? Lymhurst sucks!!

I think we would have gotten more points joining the yellow blog that went towards Fort Sterling.
Yeah, was a disaster due to the queue, and FS camping the yew wood exit of Lym. I saw Jemma, didn't see you.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm I was looking at those single fort regions. Capture one fort, get the region capture points, etc. During non-bandit times.
The only time I've done it was with a pretty strong group of about 8-10.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm I was looking at those single fort regions. Capture one fort, get the region capture points, etc. During non-bandit times.
Ahh i see, not sure but i'm willing to give it a try. It would take a while to do and we'd probably get the attention of some Carleon faction boys while trying to do so.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:21 pm I saw Jemma, didn't see you.
I was paying more attention to her than to me and got bombed in the first region. Played catch up after that to get a couple more points. I talked her into factions as a good money maker. She's running a super cheap healing build. She did one yellow zone right before the bandit. Considering she does NO PVP, she was extremely out of her comfort zone and freaking out the whole time. She'll get better, but had to micro manager her for her first/second run.