NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Grass is "significantly" safer than turf.

Make the switch NFL. Turf sucks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 pm 5 players suspended for gambling.
Damn, that's too bad for the Lions. At least the Jamo suspension is.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 pm 5 players suspended for gambling.
Lions wide receiver Quintez Cephus and safety C.J. Moore have been suspended indefinitely for betting on NFL games, as was Washington Commanders defensive end Shaka Toney. They can reapply for reinstatement after one year, although Detroit announced that its two players have been released.

Second-year wide receivers Williams and Stanley Berryhill are being suspended for six games each for mobile betting that occurred at the Lions' Allen Park facility. These two did not bet on NFL games, the team said.

The NFL noted in its announcement that it uncovered no evidence indicating any inside information was used or that any game was compromised by the players' betting.
1) Shaka Toney? Who?

2) Betting outside of their own sport is a problem? Seriosuly? LEGAL betting? AT THEIR OWN PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:40 pm 2) Betting outside of their own sport is a problem? Seriosuly? LEGAL betting? AT THEIR OWN PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT?
Must be rules against that? I don't know.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:40 pm 2) Betting outside of their own sport is a problem? Seriosuly? LEGAL betting? AT THEIR OWN PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT?
I mean, obviously there are rules, and they appear to be "don't bet ever" but I'm just saying how absurd said rule is.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:29 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 pm
I mean, obviously there are rules, and they appear to be "don't bet ever" but I'm just saying how absurd said rule is.
Want to know how absurd? The Steelers' owners also own or have major stakes in horse racing, which is completely against league rules. However, they're the Rooneys, so the NFL bent rules to allow it for them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm Want to know how absurd? The Steelers' owners also own or have major stakes in horse racing, which is completely against league rules. However, they're the Rooneys, so the NFL bent rules to allow it for them.
Ideological consistency just doesn't exist.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:04 pm Ideological consistency just doesn't exist.
It does, but only here on DTMan. We are the perfect leaders to save humanity.

And what we require in return is so little. We just want top shelf naked women around and available to us at all times. Is that too much to ask?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently. It's like the world doesn't even want to be saved.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Rumors I'm hearing now have Young at #1 (Stroud was the choice until ownership and top management got involved) and Levis at #2 (coaches want an edge rusher, but the owner wants a QB).

Saw an article the other day that the Cardinals are trying to trade out of #3, but having trouble. However, if Stroud is on the board at #3 it is expected there might be a bidding war for the Cards' pick.

I'm also hearing Richardson to Seattle.

Steelers are supposed to be draft a CB.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Commanders trying to push Young by declining his 5th year option.

He has Bosa potential, but injuries and effort seem to be hindering it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Bryce Young is the new Panther #1. Next Drew Brees or Kyler Murray?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stroud a Texan at #2. I wonder if that did hurt the Cards' chances of trading back.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 pm Bryce Young is the new Panther #1. Next Drew Brees or Kyler Murray?
I say bust. Leisher? Leisher also says bust.

!RemindMe 12/1/2026
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I lean bust just because of his size and he's not "elite" at anything. Neither was Brees, but he was once in a lifetime. Seems like a good kid, so I'll root for him.

I lean bust on Stroud IF he gets into a bad system. He has the talent, especially elite accuracy, but he needs a good OC.

Texans aren't fucking around...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The lowkey best part of the draft are the guys hugging Goodell. Goodell sucks, but that moment of joy from years of work paying off is awesome to see.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Seahawks got cock blocked by the Colts.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Lions reeeeaaaaaaacccccccchhhhhh for Gibbs.