Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I put together an escapist BZ outfit, it was 200k (including 30k of gathering gear). Will try it out in Mists when I get the chance to tiptoe my way to BZ.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am I put together an escapist BZ outfit, it was 200k (including 30k of gathering gear). Will try it out in Mists when I get the chance to tiptoe my way to BZ.
Dipped my toes into black, just to see how the invisibility thing worked. Then ran out before my 2 minutes expired :)

Then did a road. Didn't run into anyone, and the resources are so few.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

i'll run some BZ with you this evening. I can play an hour or two tonight if ya want a running mate?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:28 pm i'll run some BZ with you this evening. I can play an hour or two tonight if ya want a running mate?
Sure, when? I could probably run a firestaff better than what I'm running now, which is basically a pure escape build (some kind of swords with gathering gear).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger + I went to the black zones. We found an avalonian treasure done, which had 120k for me, 150k for Stranger, +/-. Skinned some stuff, killed some stuff, recalled.

Went back to BZ... and I got destroyed by a mass of people, like 10 on my screen when I died.

Then we went to 2person black mists, and did fine. No combat.

Got my respec points up to 5M. Might up to 2,641 (lol - up 500 from this excursion)
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Definitely was getting less Might as a duo but that's understandable. Felt pretty safe all around and way more so in the mists. I was half temped to fight some of them people we saw in the Mists, their IP's were in the low 1000's so we could've very well killed them.

Now those solo players running up to us in the open world with 900 IP were definitely scouts or bait. I wouldn't think twice about attacking those guys.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did some lethal mists this morning. Everything went fine, a couple of people chased me, and I just ran.

Last night something weird happened. I was farming, someone dismounted offscreen, so I clicked on my horse, still well in range, and my horse disappeared. So then I had to run. There was no 30 seconds counter on my horse (as if it had died), so I was unsure why it was gone? I ran, but couldn't exit because "I was in the middle of a battle." I fought OK, but lost, he was down to 20%.

Did a few mists this morning, and on the last one, I saw two people dismounted. I thought they might be fighting each other. But both had perfect health. They were on the edge on my screen. It quickly became apparent they were actually working together, and both chased me. Do they just decide in the mist to hunt together somehow? Are they in a guild so big they realized they were together in the mists?

I definitely always check when leaving Brec that I'm going to 1 person solo lethal. They wouldn't put mists you could travel to in those that are 2person, would they? That wouldn't make sense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

So... how long does it take to be able to attack people after dismounting? I tried to attack someone today and it took 15 seconds. Then, someone found me, and was able to attack in like 3 seconds max.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Twice today I've seen people with the green group who forgot to flag. I whispered to them both. Hopefully they saw.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

It never really occurred to me that people who are bombed are lootable 2 minutes later (on your faction). Today I hung out after a bombing and looted 160k of stuff.

Then I died later anyway :(

I told myself to go home, but I didn't listen.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.ph ... ost1293532

Some pretty big changes currently on the PTR test server. Looks like Knightfall patch is scheduled for May 8th.

-changes to the mists, including coffers and cashes.
-Knightfall Abbey dungeons in the mists.
-a couple of new capes and cape crests you can purchase with your Brecilian standing rep.
-rebalance of the Roads.
-repair items at the marketplace (VERY NICE QOL)
-weapon rebalance, including one to fire staff that i think will make it easier to play.
-no more mounts in arenas.
-and Albion goes woke with gender change options.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:13 am -and Albion goes woke with gender change options.
I look forward to DeSantis declaring war on them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

So... what's the point of the 3k bonus in the Conqueror's Challenge? I hit the 5k in the "weekly" and got a 3k reward of... favor? Does that do anything?
Favor
Favor is earned in most cases where Might is earned. This is a currency which can be used to purchase Siphoned Energy and reward chests at the Energy Manipulator.
I guess I just don't know what those are. I thought it would be a might bonus towards the weekly/seasonal goals. Am sad now.

Takes 5,500 to get a Conqueror's Chest from the EM. For 2k you can get an Elder's Tome of Insight. You can spend 150 on Siphoned Energy which goes for about 8k at Lymhurst.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I'm not totally sure what the favor is for. I know its a currency for crystal league tokens and some other things like runes, relics and souls which are lame. Could be other things you can purchase with it though, not really sure.

I just wanted to get that chest because i know its one of the few places where you can get the mammoth mount, which i believe sells for something like $100+M
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:38 pm I just wanted to get that chest because i know its one of the few places where you can get the mammoth mount, which i believe sells for something like $100+M
The 20k chest? Yeah, I'm trying... but only 25% of the way there. I die too much.

I've got 6.1M respec points though, so that's nice. Still holding around 30-31M of silver. Stopped going up since I die so much, and the respec takes away lots of gains.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I'm hoping to be on tonight, probably sometime after the Cavs basketball game. Most likely am out tomorrow night but good to play Sunday night.

Down for whatever dirty buisness y'all wanna get into.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Probably out tonight. At a swim meet with a kid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I finally had a good rat session. I didn't even have to rat hard, was just in normal combat, and this body was mostly obscured by the walls of the fort, I clicked, and it was all there for the taking. 12k repair bill.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Another raid, another rat attempt: 291k. Even made it home safe (40k repair)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't see any reds on the screen, but I ended up in some frozen hail storm thing that slowed and killed me. Some dude got credit for the kill.