Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

All good, same with me last night
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did some non-fatal factioneering, and got like 10k since this band of terrible orange players kept fighting at every outpost. And that was just 2 regions with no diamonds.

Then, getting ready for lethal factioneering, saw that a group of greens was taking Owlsong before the bandits started, and so I joined them for the final output. Got 669 for the outpost, and 6k for the region in addition (4 diamonds + fraction, iirc). Those red regions are hot.

Then did the bandit stuff + got 30k more. But I died :( Buying my gear on buy orders it's 42k, so not terrible.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Yesterday did a bandit raid, we got 2nd, I got 9k points.

Today did a bandit raid, we got 2nd, I got 19k points.

(These are the end of raid points, not the during the raid points)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did a bandit raid tonight that was a complete shitshow. White had a very organized pvp army to meet us in the very first region. The group got split up fast, I got sucked into a black hole, lost my horse and then ran as fast as I could. Since my horse died, I couldn't remount, and realized they were going to overtake me. So I made a sharp turn, and ran off while most greens kept running the same direction. Fortunately, the whites followed the big group, and let me be.

Created an interesting environment where a big group of green pushed on, followed by a big group of white. I had brought my axe for the first time in a while, so I bided my time chopping wood.

Then, enough greens were left over having scattered that we took a few regions. Made it to Wyre Forest, and then black attacked us. Again, I barely made it out, with tons of them on the edge of my screen. But, I was able to mount, and run off to the edge of the map.

I had 70k of loot, so I just recalled and called it a night.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been super busy, so haven't had much time in game, but the time I did spend in there, I had some 'events'.

Did a bandit run and had my bow instead of healing. We clashed with some reds and fighting and killing ensued. We had some decent momentum and were pushing the reds so I was able to get up on some bodies as they fell to grab loot. I ended up with one weapon that sold for 22k. It cost 18k to repair it. :roll: But, it was my first loot.

Had a faction marathon one night. regular faction pushing towards Fort Sterling. Got stopped and eventually pushed back. Went back to Lymhurst to join the blob that was fighting Bridgewatch in Ferndell. Stopped them and pushed back into Bridgewatch. They stopped and pushed back breaking us up. Went back to Lymhurst as a blob was forming to stop Fort Sterling that had pushed to Birchcopse. Made it about 4 zone with that group when the bandit raid was announced. Broke off to join that. We only made it about 3 or 4 zones before running into a small group of reds that were organized enough to send the whole blue blob scattering and running for the hills. Very short raid. Over all, I think I earned about 80k points.

Was doing some gathering in a red zone when I got jumped by someone with an axe. He took my mount so I was on foot. I use my run and invis to create some space. Knowing that he'd be mobile enough to catch me (They always are), I started fighting while keeping as much distance as I could. Used my ice arrows to stun him, my Q knocks him back. I threw my fire breath his way, and was shooting my long range E at him. So there was a lot of him catching me and hitting me a bit, then me creating some space with my abilities as they cooled down. He had me to about 30%, and I had him down to about 40%. As I ran, I came across a couple of other blues that were gathering. When they saw the red, they immediately charged. The red saw them and ran. I joined the chase. We chased him into a dungeon where we gave up the chase. Played this much more cool than my other encounters and it wasn't a train wreck. Had I not missed a couple of my skill shots, it would have been even closer.

Made a huge investment in houses and laborers and got three houses built with 3 laborers each. Up to 24 laborers. Making about 8k per laborer per day.

Here's my faction report. I had 22k in bonus. Not sure why it zeros it once you've collected it.
faction.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:04 pm Here's my faction report. I had 22k in bonus. Not sure why it zeros it once you've collected it.
That is kinda weird. Mine was 351k with 95k bonus (higher than normal ratio). Did almost entirely RZ/bandit stuff.

I'm close to 30M silver, with 500 gold, and 5-6M silver of faction points left.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:04 pm Up to 24 laborers. Making about 8k per laborer per day.
Whoa.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just figured out why Lymhurst is always last in faction ranks. They are a bunch of fucking pussies.

I'm heading to red zone to farm. At the entrance is a huge group of faction people just milling about. On the yellow side of the zone. I check and the raid started about 2 minutes ago. This group is too afraid to run through highbole to get to Owlsong. I recall back to flag up. I run back to Highbole, and the group is bigger, but still in yellow zone. I head in and run towards Owlsong. As I get there, our team is coming out having finished Owlsong. We head up to the first fort. A group of about 10 reds show up and attack. EVERY FUCKING LYMHURST PLAYER MOUNTS UP AND RUNS. The red team is just mowing runners down. NO ONE is fighting! There are about 40 Lymhurst running around on horses with a group of 10 reds trying to dismount whoever they can. I'm like WHAT THE FUCK? I dismount in the middle of a bunch of blues trying to get something started. A few others dismount, then a few others. But as soon as red names appear on the edge of the screen, they are running away and mounting up. Nearly got caught but used stealth and run to get away. People stay on their horses, and eventually the reds get bored and leave. Then on the way back to the fort, all the blues are dismounting checking every body for scraps. We are able to take a few more zones, but it's very slow because only about 20% of the people will get off their fucking horses to fight. They hop off to register the capture, then mount back up and mill about the next fort. This continues until we meet Bridgeport resistance. Again, everyone mounts up and runs.

I felt like I was playing with 45 Catt's!!!

I left the field with about 245k of loot because I wasn't a pussy and fought!

I also just got a bonus of 23k points. I don't know how many I got for the general raid.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Also, was pretty busy all weekend. But when i did play i decided to try and spec up my dual swords and to try and get Might points for the conquerors chest, and the best way to do this is black zone open world mobs farming.

I built a full 5.1 set that costs me about $160k for all gear, consumables and skinning knife. This gave me an IP score somewhere in the 1170 range?? I would leave from the Bridgewatch portal, click on the invis station and run one zone out to a T7 black zone to where all the undead mobs are. I'd try and stay on the outskirts and kill any smaller groups and solo mobs. Hit up the tougher glowing mobs if they weren't in large group. The fame points are FAT up there, easily into the 1000's for small mobs and 10's of thousands for big boys. Might points were on average of 10-15 points per and 50+ for elites. Even the silver from each mob was 1500 minimum. Unless you get ganked early and die this will easily make up a good portion of your losses.

Since the open world can be really dangerous for solo players, i'd hit up the mists whenever i'd see them. This way i can avoid the groups of gankers and get into a solo only zone, but you will be more likely to run into a full T8.3 1800+ IP shitter. I'd say IP and Might gains are slightly less in the mists, but you are generally safer and have more room to roam and run. I found 2 legendary mists along the way and all the mobs in there are T8 and even a group of 2 could be trouble, i was knocked down a few times but luckily nobody was around to execute me.

I did get killed probably like 3 times in all. Every time is was for the same bullshit, i was fighting a mob that was pushing my limits and would get me low and of course here comes some assclown taking an easy kill on me when i was at 20% health. In the end i didn't feel like i lost any silver and probably even made some but my gains in fame and Might points were worth it. My dual swords went from level 55 to 85, i did use LP to fast track this a little bit. And my might points are at about 70% of the way to my monthly chest, i even unlocked a bonus for next season, which is something like +2% to all gathering and fame for 90 days!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I had a dream with Albion Online in it. I was curious what the user activity looked like throughout the day, and somehow got a printout with graphs and such, but the type was so tiny I couldn't read it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 am I felt like I was playing with 45 Catt's!!!
No apostrophe. Also, I usually do dismount, how else can I tag people with my healing? But yeah, I know I'll die if I'm caught in any way.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:12 am My dual swords went from level 55 to 85, i did use LP to fast track this a little bit. And my might points are at about 70% of the way to my monthly chest, i even unlocked a bonus for next season, which is something like +2% to all gathering and fame for 90 days!
Nice work, I need to try it out. Been hard to find time when I can't be that interrupted though. Life's been busy.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:37 am Life's been busy.
Same. The last few weekends while doing what i've been doing i kept thinking to myself, "damn, wish i was hitting up the roads with the boys right now" LOL!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:19 amNo apostrophe.
I knew that. Had it without it first. But rationalized putting it in there anyway.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Went to red this morning, then realized it didn't count for the Conqueror points. Guess I need to try black. It was hard to kill much of anything though with the gear I was using. Hmm. I mean, I could solo. But 2 normal mob people vs me was rough. I'd get down to 20-40%. Then did a bandit, 14k, but died :(
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:46 am mean, I could solo. But 2 normal mob people vs me was rough. I'd get down to 20-40%. Then did a bandit, 14k, but died
Your rich dude! stop being a cheap ass and run with a decent set. Get your IP somewhere in the 1100's and you will be fine.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:13 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:46 am mean, I could solo. But 2 normal mob people vs me was rough. I'd get down to 20-40%. Then did a bandit, 14k, but died
Your rich dude! stop being a cheap ass and run with a decent set. Get your IP somewhere in the 1100's and you will be fine.
But, I'm a cheap ass :(

Got 31k out of faction this morning, 15k for fighting, 16k for final standings. I do have 31M silver now. and 6M worth of faction points.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Getting those last efficiencies on watering your crops sucks balls. Once you cap 100 on farming, cabbage takes forever. I'm at 240 focus per watering, and feels like it will take about 2 more weeks to get to the "I can water 45 plots every day" point (222 focus)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Two thoughts:

1. Easter eggs and chocolate. Right now, everything you can buy with them is cheaper if you sell the eggs for silver, then buy the item (skins) with silver. I don't want any of the skins, so I would just sell the eggs. However, when the even ends, will their value go up as the supply is cut off, or go down because the skins are also removed from the market?

2. Lymhurst factioners are pussies. I'm considering joining BW or FS from now on. I'll have cheap gear sets in other cities. I feel like I'd get more points fighting from a better city.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

1) No idea, just holding mine for now. I've got 100 eggs, a few chocolate.

2) :( Poor Lymhurst. I've done enough faction stuff to see the good people when they play for Lym, and they're very good. They're just not around every battle.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Turns out you give up a lot of standing points when changing factions to promote "loyalty". On the plus side, we have the second highest faction bonus for sucking so bad.

I have about 400 eggs.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I stayed faction flagged while red zone gathering. Also upgraded my gear to about 130k so I can kill things faster. There was only a slight increase in kill speeds. Not sure it's worth the extra 100k I spent. I focused a lot on the monsters this time too to collect the faction points. After about 45 minutes, I had about 270k in my pack (but I use about 8 10k tomes) and earned just over 5500 faction points. So maybe about 6k faction points an hour with heavy focus on monsters, but still gathering a lot. Basically didn't skip any monsters. I killed them all, unless it was a group of 3 red upgraded ones. I did fight the groups of two though. I had 3 or so encounters with other factions/reds. None of them amounted to anything.

If you are doing black zone, definitely flag for factions. Everyone is hostile anyway, so it's not increasing the number of people after you. And you earn even more faction points there.