Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Easter chest spawn. 50 people group up. I join a party of about 15 people? I get knocked out when things turn red. Oh well.

3 minutes later, I come to, and the chest is STILL there being fought over "How weird, right?" I pop it open, and there's 250k of stuff in there. "How double weird?" I start taking stuff, and I get knocked away from the chest. I go back, open it up, fights all around me.

I ended up getting about 200k of stuff from it. 60k of silver, 4 adept tomes, 36 easter eggs, and random crap. Getting knocked out cost me 18k, but not bad.

Bought 10 x T6 Mercenary contracts for 11k each. Sold 5 of them above 25k each. Still waiting for the other 5 to sell.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I broke 1M current faction points... And 415k standing from getting Ranger. I still die about every 3rd or 4th run. Last night it's because I was watching a show with my wife and wasn't paying attention. Today it's just cuz I got too close to danger. Do bigger monitors show more of the game? (Or, wider/different aspect ratios?).

I did start buying my T4 stuff with buy orders though instead of immediate buys, which cuts the 60k price down to about 40-45k.

Also managed to hoard about 3.75M respec points. So if a new build tickles my fancy, should be easy to switch.

Cake - When you gather in red, do you wear gathering clothing for escapability? And a decent weapon to clear mobs/animals?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I do not wear gathering gear. I'm in 4.0 and 4.1 gear, including the bow. I'm on a T3 riding horse. I have ZERO escapability other than reaction time getting on my horse and running. Gathering gear is expensive (T6) and don't want to risk it. With my gear, I can kill pretty much everything out there, except the guys with the ring at their base. I avoid some larger groups of them as well because it takes a while to work through them. Because there are so many monsters to choose from, I grab the low hanging fruit. The solo red highlighted ones that I can easily kill with little risk. I don't need to go after the cluster of 3 of them.

I have been considering going with some beefier gear. Current build is 23k including my 11k horse. I can push 70k and compete with many of the reds there. Really don't see people in high tier stuff out there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Added a tab to the spreadsheet for cashing in faction points. Expert Crest seems to have the best payoff and good liquidity. At least at current market prices.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did an easter egg chest tonight while factioned. Joined a party (that invited me).

Got 280k of stuff. Including a T8 Elder's Hunter Jacket + 30 more eggs

Then another chest popped. I showed up late, then just opened it while everyone else was fighting each other. Got 56k

3rd chest, got 50k of stuff, but it was really just tomes.

These were in Yew Woods.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I had an upper endoscopy today. A few months ago, I had a colonoscopy (yayaayay). I woke up during the colonoscopy. So today, for the endoscopy, they added benadryl to make me a little sleepier. I've been in a fog ever since. I did 2 bandit runs, since I couldn't focus on work. I died both times. :(

I have moved about 4M silver of faction points over. Expert crests seem to be where it's at. Enough liquidity to move, and best yield. I've tested a range of prices. < 46k moves fastest; But you can usually get 46-48k by just being patient. I got 49.98k on one batch.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Got a yellow zone chest all to myself last night. Was running through hornbeam on my way to Highbole. I decided to take the long way through Hornbeam to see if I could snag some easter baskets. I went up around the #3 faction fort. As I go behind it, I see the yellow PvP ring from a chest. I run into the ring and no one is there. I'm thinking it just spawned. Click on it and it has 3 second left on the timer. I look at the mini map and you can't see the chest. It is directly behind the #3 flag. Totally covered. I dismount, open, loot, and move on. Had I not taken that route, I'd have never known it was there. It was only about 50k of stuff though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

It only recently occurred to me that setup fees are not refundable. :( Oh well.

I've been selling my faction points away, down to 700k. Silver up to 12.8M with 2M (silver) of crests on the market.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I don't really get bandit points. I thought I did. Tonight I got 12k for normal bandit raid stuff, then had to take care of the dogs, so I recalled home.

Then, When the hour ended, Lymhurst was 3rd, which I would expect to be about 8k(?) points? But I got more than 20k points. ???
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:06 pm I don't really get bandit points. I thought I did.
I saw a video the other day that a guy said you only have to cap one flag in a zone to be able to get credit for all the bases in that zone. You won't get the points from each flag as they're individually capped but those aren't worth that much. It's also possible that one of the previous zones hadn't fully capped yet when you recalled and so you got two extra zone caps when you had returned.

Something i didn't know either. If you just tag an opponent in faction warfare you will get faction points if that player dies up to like 30-45 mins later. That's why you will sometimes see a solo player come in and drop AOE on the glob of people fighting the boss, they're just banking on you dying sometime in the near future so they can get some faction points.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:31 am I saw a video the other day that a guy said you only have to cap one flag in a zone to be able to get credit for all the bases in that zone. You won't get the points from each flag as they're individually capped but those aren't worth that much. It's also possible that one of the previous zones hadn't fully capped yet when you recalled and so you got two extra zone caps when you had returned.
Right, but those show up usually within several minutes. The 20k points showed up at the one hour limit, which is typically the faction bonus for how many regions we took. And 3rd place is usually dramatically fewer than 20k.
Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:31 am . If you just tag an opponent in faction warfare you will get faction points if that player dies up to like 30-45 mins later. That's why you will sometimes see a solo player come in and drop AOE on the glob of people fighting the boss, they're just banking on you dying sometime in the near future so they can get some faction points.
Ah, so it's the equivalent of the healer tag, interesting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I've got 20M of silver now, plus enough faction points for 10M+ more. Figure I can risk more stuff now, if we want to go more RZ/BZ/roads stuff. Maybe even so a ganker build with my 4.3M respec points.

Oh, and, more importantly, I can get T7 stone now! :P
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Damn, Bezos!!!

i'm down with risking more silver and run better gear to be more competitive in RZ/BZ content. I'm not that rich, but i have $10M silver on hand with another $10+M in the bank mats. No more getting our asses kicked by some lame ass PvE mob because we're running 4.1 shitter gear.

The big thing is having high spec in all your gear, i'm talking like 90+ in each of the pieces of equipment your using. It allows you to run with lower spec gear but have higher IP score. You two are probably doing pretty good in this catagory as you stick to the same build. I hurt myself in that manner because i'm always changing what weapons i'm running. I need to stick with one and get it to max.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:23 pm . No more getting our asses kicked by some lame ass PvE mob because we're running 4.1 shitter gear.
Yeah, lets get our asses kicked because we suck!
Stranger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:23 pm The big thing is having high spec in all your gear, i'm talking like 90+ in each of the pieces of equipment your using. It allows you to run with lower spec gear but have higher IP score. You two are probably doing pretty good in this catagory as you stick to the same build. I hurt myself in that manner because i'm always changing what weapons i'm running. I need to stick with one and get it to max.
I'm good on fire staff, but only on firestaff. Not much versatility.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:35 pm Yeah, lets get our asses kicked because we suck!
Hell yeah! but lets even the playing field a little bit
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:35 pm I'm good on fire staff, but only on firestaff. Not much versatility.
Its hard to stick to one weapon, some are good for PvE, some for single target PvP, others for AOE PvP. i have quite a few weapons like Dual Swords, Brawler Fists, Carving swords, Druidic Staff that are around lvl 60 and many others in the 30ish range. Having high spec really makes a big difference.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I'm free tonight. But have to go to bed at a normal time as I have to get up in the morning.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

The 4pm bandit raid was super chippy. Battles at half the outposts, either other factions or reds. Guess it's Friday night in Europe and they're having an Albion party?

I managed not only to 1) not die, but I 2) Picked up 75k worth of loot from someone (including an assassin's jacket, so I'll try that out some day).

-edit- Ended up being a decent run, got 28k+ faction points. Also got my character to the point where they could use T6 staffs (cost 600k respect points).
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I'm on tonight. hit me up if you guys get on
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:48 pm I'm on tonight. hit me up if you guys get on
Sorry out tonight... long day.